Giving Him a Gift

"Do you want to have dinner at the restaurant tonight?" Mikey asks you as the two of you are sitting in the park near your work. He's eating a piece of cake that you brought him while you have your coffee during your break.

"Hmmm," you say, thinking. "How about you come over my place?"

"Do you want me to pick up take out?"

"No, it's alright, I'll make us something since you have that meeting in a bit right? So I'll have plenty of time after work to cook up something special," you say with a wink.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the end of your shift, you close up the cafe with Tabi. When you guys are just about done, Chifuyu enters since he's meeting up with Tabi.

"Are you up to anything tonight, Y/N?" Tabi asks you once you're all done, the three of you standing in front of the closed cafe now.

"Yeah, if you're free you should come over," Chifuyu says. "We could invite Kazutora too. I know he's been dying to see you."

"Actually I need to stop by the grocery store... I want to pick up some things to make for dinner tonight," you tell them.

"Alright, Y/N," Tabi says. "We'll have to reschedule then. Enjoy your dinner."

You give her a hug before heading to the subway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You quickly clean up your apartment a bit after unpacking your groceries. For dinner tonight, you wanted to do something special. Mix things up. Not to say that what you've done so far isn't special, but when most people want to do something special, they think of going to a fancy restaurant for dinner. But at this point you've eaten at the restaurant at Mikey's headquarters enough where it's... gotten normal. It's a Michelin star restaurant and it seems normal now??? So buying some special things to decorate your place, you try to make things different.

First you started making a cake. Planning to make a simple berry short cake so you don't have to rush to decorate it in the short time you have, you make the cake batter and put that in your oven before starting anything else. After that, you keep your menu simple by just grilling fish, making miso soup, a small salad, rice, and a meat and vegetable stew. Once that is all cooked and the cake is cooled, you make a cream filling and put that between the two layers of cake and put the berries on the inside. On top of the cake, you put the leftover cream and decorate the berries cutely on top.

Now that the food is all ready, you take the roses that you brought and put them in a vase. After looking at them, you take a few of the flowers out and take off the petals. After that, you spread the petals around the table and the floor. Picking out the new candles you got, you also light those up and set those around your apartment too.

After taking a quick shower, you get changed into a cute dress and fix up your hair again. While you were sitting on the couch and scrolling through your phone, your phone lights up with a call from Kazutora.

"Hi, Kazu," you say happily when you answer.

"Hi, Y/N," he says. "How are you?"

"I'm fine, I just made some dinner... how've you been?"

"I've been good, busy with the shop. I've been thinking about you.... It's been awhile since we last hung out so I was wondering if you wanted to do something?"

"Oh, sure," you reply. "That would be really fun. Did you have anything in mind?"

"I was thinking we could see a movie after work? Maybe get dinner?"