Lounging Around

Slowly opening your eyes, you look up at the ceiling of your shared bedroom, but you can't see much since the bedroom is still shrouded in the darkness of the middle of the night. Turning over onto your side, you now face Mikey who was still fast asleep and clinging on to you with an arm around your middle. Propping yourself up on your elbow, you lift yourself up slightly enough to look over Mikey and onto the side table, your phone screen lit up and still playing the ringtone that woke you up.

Of course it's the one time I didn't turn off the sound.

Reaching over Mikey, you grab your phone off of the table and plop back down in bed, squinting your eyes as the light of your phone screen is too bright in comparison to the dark surroundings of the room.

"Sanzu?" you read out loud, worry in your hoarse voice as you were unable to hide your surprise as you were reading the name across the screen.

Quickly sliding your finger across the screen to answer the call, you move the phone to your ear. Immediately you hear the sounds of heavy bass and a rhythmic beat, along with lots of chatter.

"Y/N, did you answer yet?" you hear Sanzu's voice come through the background noise, not exactly slurred but you could tell that he was definitely not there all the way.

"Sanzu? Is everything alright?" you asked, adjusting to sit up in bed as you grew even more concerned, causing Mikey to shift, his arm now around your waist and his face basically snuggling into your hip.

"Oh! Y/N!" Sanzu answers. "Everything is just peachy! Just peachy— like schnapps."

"Uh, Sanzu, where are you? Are any of the guys with you? Do you need me to pick you up?" you ask, but now in the background noise you can make out the sound of familiar voices calling Sanzu's name.

"I'm fine! But you should come— hey!— stop," Sanzu's voice breaks up as there's much rustling, like someone was pulling the phone away from his ear.

"Princess? Is that you?" you hear Ran's voice through the phone now.

"Ran? What's going on? Is Sanzu alright?" you ask, a bit relieved that Sanzu wasn't alone and that Ran didn't sound drunk.

"I think Sanzu just having a bit too much fun— we finished some work at this club so we're still here now. But he's alright. He was going on about calling you but we didn't think he actually would," Ran tells you.

"He actually called Y/N?" you hear Rindou's voice, slightly away from the phone. "Y/N, we're so sorry, we didn't think he would actually call you, try to get back to sleep."

"No, it's alright. I'm just glad everything is alright. I'll leave you two to it then," you say.

"Good ni—," Ran's voice gets cut off as it sounds like he's tackled to the ground, Sanzu yelling for him to wait before hanging up the phone.

"Y/N!" Sanzu yells into the phone, making you jump away from the phone near your ear and Mikey stir next to you. "You should come to this club!"

"Sanzu! It's 3am!" you hear Ran scold before you even have a chance to respond, and then hear more rustling.

"Y/N," Rindou's voice comes through your phone, as now he is clearly in possession of Sanzu's phone. "We're going to be back at this club later tonight too to finish up a deal, how about you swing by? I'm think that would make Sanzu happy."

"Sure, that'd be fun," you answer.

"Okay, try to get back to sleep now. Good night, Y/N," Rindou says, giving you time to answer before hanging up the phone.

You let out a sigh before letting your phone drop onto the bed, sliding it under your pillow as you also slide down in the bed from the sitting position. Turning on your side to face Mikey, you can't help but smile as he presses closer to you and you see that his eyes are still closed, seeming to have remained sleeping despite the noise of the phone call. Wrapping an arm around him, you pull him slightly closer as he snuggles into the crook of your neck. Placing a light kiss to the top of his head, you close your eyes as you try to fall back asleep.