Mars

A/N- wrote this for a friend. hope you all enjoy 🖤

t/w- self harm references/body dysmorphia
Plot: (ftm) Your hanging out in Doncaster when you meet a familiar redhead.

Reubens pov:

Im currently outside a coffee shop on my phone when i see a familiar redhead walk out. Omg its Dom. He draws his eyes away from his phone and sees me. He instantly recognises me and smiles. "Cj!" He walks over. Fuck he actually remembers me, got my name wrong but i give him credit.

"I go by reuben now." I smile back at him.
"Reuben got it. So how have you been? you look great!" He asks in his thick accent. Me and Dom met at a meet and greet about half a year ago, we really hit it off. But as show business is that was as far as our friendship went. Last time we saw each other was before i had fully transitioned.

"yeah im good man, i had my surgery a couple weeks ago." I mention proudly.
"Its good to see you appy man." He grins. He runs his hand through his hair messing it up even more.

we sit down on a coffee table and catch up on things. He tells me about his up and coming album Weird, it sounds sick. "I haven't finished all the songs yet, waitin for inspiration." He says.

I always felt like i can be myself around him. No judgment at all. I dont have to hide my past or worry about him miss gendering me. He knows my story.

"aye i got exciting news. Do you wanna come to my concert when Weird comes out for the first time?" He grins. He seems like he has some sort of plan, i can tell by the mischievous look on his face.

"are you serious? That would be sick!" I agree completely shocked that he was even inviting me.

A few months later the concert rolls around and i couldn't be more excited. Dom stuck to his words and has got me backstage to his weird premiere. AHH. I cant wait to hear all the new music.

The time comes when the black sheet drops and Dom is revealed to the crowd. We all cheer and watch him do his cute little speech about individuality.
______

"This last songs holds a very special place in my heart and i hope you all love it. If you relate to this I'm sendin you lots of love. I wrote this for my mate, Reuben mate, i love to see you be yourself." He says proudly into the mic.

Wait what?!! did he say my name? He shoots me a smile from stage and the music begins. "this is mars."

He was only 17
Had the saddest pair of eyes that you ever seen
Wore them lips in the cold, it was matching green
But he can't be himself when he's somebody else
In the morning, he would take his Mothers wedding ring
But school got pretty tough when they see it gleam
So he hid himself under the mezzanine, re-enacting scenes, yeah
he dreamed he'd go to California
There everyone would adore him
And all his mates will call him
'Til four in the morning

Oh my god i have tears in my eyes. I cant believe hes done this for me.

Is there any life on Mars?
Yeah, yeah
Every morning he would wake up with another plan
Yeah, his Mum and Dad, they couldn't understand
Why he couldn't turn it off, become a better woman
All this therapy
Eats away gently at the side of his mind that he never had
Yeah, this story told too many times, it makes me sad
I bet the author made a fortune on the autograph
Give his the money back 'cause
he dreamed he'd go to California
There everyone would adore him
And all his mates will call him
'Til four in the morning
Is there any life on Mars?
Is there any life
Do you feel like you're just scared as fuck
Do you feel like you're irrelevant?
Do you feel like you' -

He described what i was feeling perfectly. Waking up every day feeling so dysphoric in my own body, not being able to reach my parents expectations. Its all fucking exhausting. But dom made me feel...understood? important, valid.

Is there any life on Mars?
Is there any life on Mars?'

The song came to and end and the crowd went crazy. I was full blown tears at this point. Dom ran over and wrapped me in a hug. he really is amazing.

This is so cute, please vote🖤