01 ⏤ for rent.

01.

JUNGKOOK swipes the attic from the webs and clouds of dust with a protective mask on. He's busy cleaning his house all day to make it look presentable and habitual. He hasn't been cleaning his home for quite some time now, resulting in a lot of work that he regrets doing.

"That's enough for today." Jungkook puts the feather duster on the stack of boxes, as well as his apron. He uses the hem of his shirt to wipe the sweat on his forehead. "I need a break and a bath."

He walks down to the first floor, in the kitchen area. He grabs a soda to quench his thirst from the fridge. While drinking and leaning on the counter, Jungkook's phone vibrated. He checks to see the caller's name before answering it.

"Hello, Jimin. What's up?" Jungkook greets his best friend on the other line. The senior business administration student brought good news.

"Really? Who is it? When are they coming to check the house?" He's ecstatic to have a possible housemate within three days of posting the wanted advertisement on the internet.

"My cousin's friend. I think it's Jaehee Kim." Jimin said. Jungkook couldn't contain his excitement to get easy money. He thought he might get kicked out of the university if he won't pay on time.

"Sure, sure. Send me Jaehee's contact number. I'll check him myself." He said, which Jimin agreed on.

His wide grin couldn't be erased. Somehow, Jungkook feels better. Maybe it's not yet too late to save himself from the trouble and debt. Instead of resting, as he said, he continues to clean his house on his weekend and day off.

He contacted the man's number through text after he received it from Jimin. The mystery and future tenant replies within minutes.

+82XXXXXXXXXX

I'll be checking it with my friend and her cousin, Jimin, tomorrow. Is that okay?

Yes. Sure. Do as you please. I'm just happy to show you the place.

Thanks.

Welcome. :)

Jungkook just hopes that Jaehee Kim isn't a messy person like him and is trustworthy too. He's desperate to earn extra bucks, which is why he's trying to rent his beloved house to others.

Time passes by overnight, and Jungkook's all suited and proper. He needs to be on his best behavior to impress them. He wears a cream-colored sweater and black slacks paired with his plain black docs. He's texting Jaehee, who told him they're on the way.

Jungkook's house is located in a semi-private village. The community has friendly neighbors, mostly living there are elderly, and a secure environment. There hasn't been much crime and robbery happening because of the roaming police patrols once every night.

Jungkook is drinking water to calm his nervousness when he hears the doorbell ring. He places the glass on the table, running to the gate.

"Hey, Kook. Good morning." Jimin is the first person to greet him. He shot him a warm smile, awaiting the guest.

"Hey, morning." Jungkook slips his head out of the gate door to check where Jaehee is.

To his surprise, there was no other man except for Jimin who arrived. Behind the small man is a tall blonde female that he knows as Rosé Park, the cousin of Jimin.

"Hello, Jungkook!" Rosé waves at Jungkook. They aren't friends, but more like acquaintances.

He waves back at the woman, glancing at Jimin and then back to Rosé.

"So... Where's Jaehee?" He asks because he's confused. His smile is still visible on his handsome face, though his big doe eyes say he doesn't know what's going on.

"Huh? Who's Jaehee?" Jimin tilts his head, confused as well.

Jungkook stares at Jimin and Rosé. They don't look like they're pulling a prank on him. They're genuinely confused and clueless about what he's talking about. Just then, a female springs out of the back of Rosé.

She has a calm and warm expression on her face. She has a small face and body physique and captivating cat-like eyes. Have I seen her before?

"Hi?" She spoke softly while raising her hand. "I think you got the information wrong."

Jungkook's eyes widen even more. He stares at the woman with utter shock. How stupid is he to not ask for the gender of the client? He always thought Jaehee was a male because of his name.

"I'm Jennie Kim." She says, a small smile creeping on her face. "I'm not Jaehee."

He couldn't believe that he misunderstood her name and information. Stupid, Jungkook. You can't live with a woman! It's not impossible, but he doesn't want to see a woman all the time. He doesn't want to remember anything about the previous person he lived with. He'd rather have a dog as a housemate... If only it could pay.

"You're not a man?" Jungkook blurts without thinking.

Jennie averts her eyes, going from left to right before staring back at him, who hurriedly covers his mouth because of the embarrassment.

"As far as I know, I don't have a dick. I'm biologically female." Jennie casually says like it was nothing.

So, what should it be? Jungkook is still shocked to realize that he's a she. Moreover, he badly needs the money asap. If Jennie is willing to pay today, he might reconsider letting her live with him.

Although, both of them need one another right now. When Jungkook thought Jennie wouldn't agree to live with him because he's a man, she changed his mind. On the other hand, Jennie will take any chance to find a house immediately to cater to her needs and education.

"I'm moving in," Jennie says without hesitation after checking the entire household.

Jungkook turns his head abruptly. "Are you sure?"

He doesn't find the situation uncomfortable. It makes him awkward to live with a woman again.

Jennie nods, taking her wallet from her jeans pocket to show Jungkook the payment. His eyes twinkled with delight when he got his hands on the cash.

"I hope we can be good housemates, Jennie Kim." Jungkook smiles again. He bows to Jennie for being his savior. "Thank you for trusting me."

It's not a matter of trust. It's a matter of need. Jennie says she'll move in her things tomorrow. Jungkook just didn't anticipate that Jennie's bringing extra luggage and problems to his peaceful home.