19 ⏤ no erase.

19.

TRACES of the sunset color the sky orange before dusk takes place. The stillness of the cemetery offers safety and weakness to Jungkook as he stands near Jennie. He feels like a huge debt is lifted from his chest⏤from many other things and bills. He didn't think about it now. He's happy to be where he's at and loves the presence of the people he's with.

"Do you want to say some words before we go?" Jennie asks. She faces Jungkook with a soft gaze. She had seen Jisoo confess her emotions and frustrations to Jaebok's grave, had wept and laughed, reminiscing her last moments with her.

Jennie almost got emotional with how Jisoo became open to all of them. She might drop a tear or two but kept herself strong for Jungkook. For her, it was her time to be the strong and durable one. Jungkook needs her, and she doesn't want to be the damsel in their fairytale all the time. Jennie will be Jungkook's shoulder to cry on.

"Hm." Jungkook hums, glancing at Jennie before focusing on his mother's gravestone. He crosses his arms, brows furrows as if deep in thought. Jennie waits, anticipating something from him, but no words come from the man's lips. "I think Mom already knows what I feel."

"Oh, I see." Jennie purses her lips to a thin line. She was expecting something sentimental. He saw her slight disappointment, to which he assured her it was fine.

Jungkook takes Jennie's hand to intertwine his. "I always told Mom about you. I'm sure she's annoyed in heaven from how many stories I shared with her about us."

Well, that instantly changes her mood. She grins, looking back at Jungkook. "You did? Really?"

Jungkook squeezes her hands. "Every night before I sleep." He chuckles. His sight went from Jennie then to something behind her. "I'll have to tell her what exciting things will happen later too."

Jennie asks what he means, but Jisoo and Namjoon call them. The couple gave them a candle to light and place on the grave. Four candles illuminated one part of the area, but Jennie offered Jungkook another piece.

He looks at her confusingly. His nose scrunch just by looking at the extra candle. Jennie grins wide, lighting the candle with the lighter before leaning close to Jungkook's ear.

"I think you should be the one to put the candle for baby Jay."

His face lights up almost immediately. How can he forget to include their baby? Jungkook didn't waste any second thought about putting the candle between his and Jennie's. They're a family now, of course.

"Now, Mom won't be too lonely." He says, proud of what he did. Just like the flicker of the fire, his stomach is warm. It was one of the best ways to celebrate Jaebok's birthday. They watch the sun disappear as the stars slowly appear in the sky for the remaining time.

A moment to remember and celebrate for many years to come. Soon, with the little child holding his hand.

"I say we should go." Namjoon interferes after some time. He leads Jisoo back to the car, where Jungkook and Jennie follow behind.