Prologue

Trigger warning: Depictions of graphic sexual assault and drink spiking. Please don't read if this will upset you

 Please don't read if this will upset you

Elenora Grace swan

Elenora Grace swan.

Bella's older but no less awkward sister.

She supposed she had a decent childhood, if you can count never really getting along with your mother as decent. Not that she hadn't tried to be the perfect little angel, it just seemed that everything she did irked her.

However, she adored her little sister. They were so close growing up, holding most of the same interests and introverted personalities. The only main difference was Bella's love for literature, whereas she loved all aspects of art. It didn't matter that Elenora was 4 years older. Bella was usually the only person she could stand to be around.

She often wondered if that's because she was essentially forced to assume the role of Bella's mother. God knows Renée definitely did not act like one. They had some good times together among the bad and she was lucky to have travelled to many places across the states in her short life. Her mother often tried to sabotage these rare happy moments with cutting words, but Elenora was excellent at shrugging her off and acting nonchalant. It made no difference on the inside though, every harsh criticism and judgment leaving a scar on her heart.

She supposed that what she had achieved and made of her life had been quite impressive at the time. She'd left them to attend the university of Washington when Bella was 14 and she was 18, hoping that her mother could at least be mature enough to handle one child.

Bella was so grown up for her age that Nora knew she'd be able to look after herself if she had to. Though the thought of leaving her with their unpredictable mother did not thrill her. Besides Bella was quite obviously their mothers favourite, not that she minded. She'd chosen a college in the city of Seattle to be closer to her father, they never got to see him a lot which saddened her greatly since she loved him to death.

They had an amazing relationship, he just seemed to understand her and was always furious when she told him of her mothers hate for her. Bella didn't share the same sentiments as her, she was closer to their mother but Elenora adored any moment she was able to spend with her father, she was a true Daddy's girl.