•11•

Nora found herself sitting alone on a cold stone bench awaiting the arrival of the so-called kings

Nora found herself sitting alone on a cold stone bench awaiting the arrival of the so-called kings. Her time hadn't been wasted though, she spent a good chunk of her waiting making fun of Jane and Alec at the way they sparkled in the sunlight. She still couldn't believe it. From what she knew about vampires they burnt in the sun, they weren't supposed to shimmer like a fucking disco ball-It was hiarious and made vampires a little less intimidating to her.

It was funny how fast  Jane and Alec had left when the dreadlocked man known as Santiago had come to relieve them of their duties, though he was now forced to take the brunt of her jokes instead. She did stop eventually, resigned to just sit quietly and admire the garden.

She had placed herself in a shaded area that looked strangely like a building nature had reclaimed, it was overrun with numerous pink, white and purple flowers that were covering empty windows and the other benches spaced around the area; she thought it was stunningly beautiful. She'd always loved the imagery of nature overtaking the things man had created, there was something poetic about it.

So lost in it's beauty she was oblivious to the sound of three pairs of approaching footsteps, the kings nodding to Santiago before he vanished into thin air. They watched their mate as she marveled at their garden, captivated by the way the sun's rays that peaked over the wall made her chestnut hair glow like molten copper. Her grey eyes flitted around, blues and greens battling in their depths like a turbulent thunderstorm. The little black dress she wore complimented her lean yet curvy figure and olive skin effortlessly. Among all of the magnificent flora she truly was a sight to behold.

A throat was cleared loudly making Nora squeal in shock, whirling around to face the three men who were now laughing at her. Thanks to the shaded area she chose they weren't sparkling which was a huge relief. 'Thank fuck for that. I couldn't have talked to them if they looked like they'd just had buckets of glitter dumped on them.'

"Our apologies, fiore, we did not mean to startle you." Aro's voice was a lilting whisper; he skulked closer to her with the grace of a panther stalking its prey. An unwanted shiver passed over her, enthralled by his crimson eyes. He stopped a few feet away and leant against the cobbled stone wall. She looked to Marcus and Caius who both moved closer at her acknowledgement of them.