•01•

Nora's gray eyes stared forward unblinkingly, her mouth twisting into an unsure frown before she began to chew on her bottom lip

Nora's gray eyes stared forward unblinkingly, her mouth twisting into an unsure frown before she began to chew on her bottom lip. She looked apprehensively at the white wooden house that stood before her, the house that contained so many happy memories. She wished she could find some of that happiness right now.

She'd been sitting in her car for about 20 minutes, trying to convince herself to get out and knock on the door. She knew it was ridiculous but she was filled with so much anxiety about seeing her father and Bella again. She scoffed at herself as she sat there, shadowed under the tall evergreen trees that surrounded the small home; rain belting relentlessly against the windshield. The sound was nostalgic to her and she relaxed slightly as she lent back in her seat and closed her eyes.

It was at least good to be back in Forks with its drizzly cold weather that seemed to be never ending. Honestly, the small amount of joy she felt when she had finally arrived after the painstaking drive was all worth it. She loved everything about the quaint coastal town; the close community where everyone knew everyone, those extremely rare days when the sun would finally shine and lastly its quietness. It was so different from the busyness of Seattle and her mind felt calmer already.

Taking in a deep breath, she tried to will her anxiety away but it sat in her chest like a heavy weight that couldn't be moved. With a groan she brought her hands up to grip at her dark chestnut brown hair, leaning forward and banging her forehead against the steering wheel softly.

'Ugh, why am I so pathetic? This is your family, they're not going to judge you!'

She thought to herself unconvincingly, remembering when she had been so wrapped up in her own selfish issues that she hadn't even bothered to pick up the phone. What she had gone through was horrific, there was no doubt about that. Still, the guilt gnawed at her mind every day. All she could think about, day in and day out, was the worry her family must have felt each time she never picked up the phone. Each time she willingly ignored them...she wished she could turn back time, so she could have handled things differently—no. She wished instead that she could go back, and tell herself never to go to that god forsaken party.