Four

"And then what happened?" Ryujin exclaimed, leaning closer as she was listening to Y/n tell her about her encounter with Jisung this morning.

"Then he just left." Y/n shrugs. "It was really weird." She furrowed her eyebrows as if she was thinking real hard about this.

"I get it, you think he's weird but-"

"No I'm not talking about him this time." Y/n cuts off Ryujin. "It was weird how I wanted to find a way to comfort him instead of turning him away when he stood at my porch right then and there."

"Y/n you're starting to have a little crush on him." Ryujin says.

Y/n shook her head. "That's not true. Just because we've had a few encounters, doesn't mean anything. It could just be me being used to him."

"Besides, I sort of have this thing with Hyunjin." She smiles to herself, hiding her face in her locker.

Ryujin eyes widened, "Wait you didn't tell me anything about this." She playfully pushed the girl. "Spill. When did it happen?"

Y/n closes her locker as they both start walking ahead. She starts to tell Ryujin everything as they further walk away.

Without being noticed, Hyunjin came out of the corner watching the two girls giggle as their figures got smaller.

He smiles to himself when he heard Y/n say his name but it slowly faded when he found out his best friend was at her house this morning.

-

"Hey where'd you go? I came back to the table and you were gone." Jisung said. Hyunjin walked towards him as he sat across from the boy.

"I had to use the bathroom." Hyunjin looks at the boy. Jisung just nods.

Hyunjin looks at his friend before asking him, "Were you at Y/n's house this morning?"

Jisung quickly looks up from his homework as his eyes met Hyunjin's suspicious ones. "Where'd you hear that?" He asks.

"So it's true?" The boy scoffed. He shook his head, unbelievable he thought.

"Hyunjin it's not what it sounds like." Jisung sighs.

"Oh yeah? Tell me, why were you there? Is hooking up with her best friend not good enough for you? You have to go for the one girl who I really like?"

"No. Of course not. I would never do that to you." Again.

"Okay so what is it? Hm. Tell me." Hyunjin insisted. His eyes burned with curiosity.

Jisung sighs, "I- I actually can't say."

"Yeah. Okay." Hyunjin stood up from the table. "Wait Hyunjin where are you going?" Jisung asks the boy.

"Away from here, that's for sure."

"Wait you just gotta trust me on this. It's not anything you should be worried about." Jisung calls out to the boy, but it was too late. Hyunjin was already out of sight.

Jisung slams the table with his hand, "Dammit." He grunted.

...

A week later.

The day of the trip

After putting his stuff in the bus compartment, he tries to find his friend that he hasn't spoken to in a week. He looks around and finally sees him. Walking over to put his stuff in the bus.

"Hyunjin there you are. I was hoping we could sit together on the bus." Jisung carefully said. Hyunjin just ignores the boy as he walks towards the stairs of the bus.