Seventeen

Ring...ring...ring...

"Jisung-."

"You have reached Han Jisung. Leave a message at the tone."

Hyunjin sighs into his phone after hearing the same voicemail message for the hundredth time. He was tired of Jisung not answering his phone so he decided to leave a message this time.

"Jisung. I don't know what I did that made you so mad at me but can you please call me back so we can talk through it? *sighs* It doesn't have to be soon but I also want you to be at the party tonight. I have a bad feeling that something might happen to Y/n and I know that deep down you really care for her. So please, if not for me then for her."

Hyunjin sighs once again before ending the message.

"Do you think he's going to come?" Ryujin looks at the boy.

"It's up to him, but knowing him he has to." Hyunjin says.

Ryujin pats his shoulder. "Well let's not think about it now and just focus on getting this party together."

He nods. "Okay." He then stops and looks at her, "Hey thanks again. Without you I would've spent hours getting this party set up for."

Ryujin smiles, "Anytime." Hyunjin smiles back before they both started to get to work.

-

Jisung leans back on his bed as he watches his phone ring. He stares at the picture of him and Hyunjin laughing together with Hyunjin's caller ID on top.

He feels bad for not answering his phone calls but at the same time he didn't know what to say to him.

After a few seconds it stopped and Jisung was about to put down his phone until he saw something new.

A voicemail.

This was the first time Hyunjin had left a voicemail.

Jisung was scared to open and listen to it. He didn't know what Hyunjin had to say and his answers were literally right there in his hand.

He sighs, putting down his phone on the desk next to his bed. Before looking away his eyes caught a picture of the four of them from this year.

It was days after the camping trip. From the first hangout with the four of them.

He grabs it and leans back onto his bed. He looks at how happy they were then his eyes averted to Y/n.

His eyes softened. She looked very happy in this photo. Was he too harsh on her, he thought.

Jisung caresses the photo. He didn't notice that tears was building up in his eyes, until it started to fall down his cheeks.

He sniffles, "I'm sorry." Jisung slides down from his sitting position to laying down on his bed.

He lays on his side still holding onto the picture as tears continue to fall. His eyelids began feeling heavier, remembering how long he stayed up the night before thinking about the events that happened at school two days ago.

"I'm sorry." He mumbles before falling asleep.

-

Hours later

Y/n stands in front of her bathroom mirror. She's getting ready for Hyunjin's party. She has her outfit on and her hair done, now she's just working on her make up.

In the middle of finishing, she gets a phone call from Ryujin.

"Hey." Y/n greets as she sets her phone down.