Ten

Monday

The trip was over and everyone was back to school. Secrets and feelings were revealed. Han Jisung doesn't even know why the shooting star brought him back anymore. At first he thought it was to bring Y/n and Hyunjin together but turned out it wasn't because of that.

His new mission was to find out why the shooting star brought him back and maybe it would give him some clearance or maybe closure. He doesn't even know why he created a new mission either.

For once, he just wants something in his life to just make sense and hopefully have clear answers for him.

What he didn't know was that the shooting star's true intention of bringing him back was to have Jisung learn the whole truth about the past and everything that happened between him and his friends.

Locker close.

Jisung sighs, banging his head on the door of his locker.

"Hey." Y/n walks up to him. "You look dead." She chuckles.

After their moment on the trip, the two became more comfortable with each other. Although Jisung still couldn't handle being by himself with Y/n.

"Yeah well I just have a lot on my mind." Jisung nods. "Want to talk about it?" Y/n asks. He looks at her for a second but shakes his head. "Let's find the others."

"Okay." Y/n mutters. She just looks at the back of the boy's head before following him.

But neither of them has yet revealed their feelings for one another. Just friends they thought. Thinking it was for the best, each with their own reason.

Y/n and Jisung walked side by side as they were making their way towards their friends. No one spoke. Y/n fiddles with her fingers not sure how to start a conversation with the boy.

She gulped before stopping them both from walking any farther. "Hey." She grabs his wrist. "Just know that you can talk to me about anything. We are friends right?"

He didn't say anything.

Y/n slowly frowned, letting go of his wrist. "Um you go ahead. I-I forgot I had something to take care of." She says, beginning to walk backwards.

Jisung steps towards her. "Wait Y/n-."

"It's okay." She cuts him off, stopping him from walking any closer. "Just tell Ryujin I had work to do. I'll see you guys later." She lowers her head, turning the corner.

She didn't realize but she started tearing up. With her back against the wall, she silently cried. Was this a rejection from the boy she likes, are we really not friends, she thought.

-

Why didn't he stop her?

Why didn't he go after her?

Why didn't he answer her when she asked if they were friends?

These were questions Jisung was asking himself. Of course, of course they were friends, why didn't he just say yes, he thought. He knew he hurt her but he also didn't know why he didn't do anything about it.

Maybe this is what stops him and Y/n from- no this is not why the shooting star brought him back he thought. He wasn't going to hurt her again like this.

Jisung followed the path Y/n went and when he turned the corner, his eyes softened at the sight of Y/n crying.

This isn't what he wanted.

Jisung steps in front of her.

Y/n looks at the pair of feet in front of her. She sniffles as she looks up. Her eyes meeting Jisung's. Without a thought, Jisung wraps his arms around Y/n, pulling her into a hug.

"Of course we are friends." He spoke. One hand on her back and the other carefully on her head, resting it on his shoulder. "I hate seeing you like this, I'm sorry I didn't say anything earlier."

Y/n wraps her arms around his waist, hugging him back. "Well why didn't you?"

Jisung continues to hug the girl, not daring to let go because if he did, he would tell her the truth.

'Because I think I'm falling in love with you', he thought.

He lets go, holding her by her shoulders. He lightly smiles, "Because I am very happy about our friendship, I was lost at words."

She snickered, playfully punching his arm. "Why are you so weird?" Jisung chuckles with her. "Because you like it."

She nods. "You're right, I do. Do I?"

They were both good again. Actually better than how they were before.

"God why was I even crying? This is so stupid." She wipes the tears that was still on her face, playing off the fact that she was crying a minute ago.

"I think it's cute." Jisung spoke. Y/n paused for a moment before looking at him. "What?" She mutters.

Jisung chuckles, grabbing Y/n's wrist. "Come on. Ryujin and Hyunjin are probably wondering where we are right now."

...

"Oh my god, here they come." Hyunjin panicked, standing from the table he and Ryujin were sitting at. "I don't think I can do this."

"Hyunjin." Ryujin managed to pull the boy back down. "All you need to do is calm down." She had a stern look. "Look if you're not ready to tell them the truth then that's fine. Tell them another time but all you need to do is breathe."

In attempt to calm him down, she finally did. Hyunjin took a deep breath. He nods, "Okay but I'm definitely not ready to tell them."

"Okay." Ryujin shrugs.

He nods again, "Okay."

"Hey." Ryujin greets the two. Y/n and Jisung sits across from their friends, seeing those were the only seats available.

"Hi." Y/n smiles at Ryujin. Jisung does the same.

"Hi Y/n." Hyunjin said. Y/n looks at him. She had a small smile, "Hi Hyunjin." Her words were soft.

Although everything was fine between everyone, Y/n couldn't stop thinking about what happened between them. What he did in the cabin and what they said to each other.

They haven't talked about it since then and they didn't know how they were gonna bring it up.

"Y/n can I talk to you?" Hyunjin whispers. She knew what this was about but she agreed anyways. They both stood up and walked off to the side.

Jisung sees the two walk off and took this as a chance. "Ryujin I need to talk to you about something."

Ryujin groans. "We literally just came back from our trip yesterday. I thought we were done with all the sneaking around and the secrets."

He shook his head. "This isn't sneaking around. I really need to talk to you."

Ryujin sighs into her hands. "Can we talk about it next week? I really just need a break." Jisung furrowed his eyebrows, "Why? What else do you know that happened on the trip?"

Ryujin quickly lifted her head, looking at the boy. "Huh?" She waved her hand, playing it off like she was confused too. "Like I said, next week."

"But-."

"Next week." She cuts him off.

Jisung sighs, "Fine."

Hyunjin sighs, "I think we need to talk about what we said in the cabin during the trip."

Y/n nods, "I agree." She paused. "But we should wait until next week."

"But Y/n-."

She cuts him off, "I just think we need more time. I promise we will talk, we just need a break from it for now. We just got back from the trip."

"Next week?" Hyunjin asks.

She nods, "Next week."

He sighs, "Fine."