Twenty three

This moment.

This moment right now.

Y/n has never felt so happy yet so nervous at the same time.

Y/n and Jisung are laying down in her bed, cuddling in each other's arms. Jisung rests his chin on top of Y/n's head as she comfortably wraps her arms around his waist.

"Jisung?" Y/n quietly calls the boy.

"Yes." He answers. She could feel the small vibrations on his chest as he spoke.

"Graduation is weeks away. I don't want to let this go when the time comes." She confesses. Jisung could feel how scared she was. "We don't have to let go of this. We can stay together even after graduation." He says.

Y/n lifts herself up from laying on his chest. She looks at him. "What if I leave after graduation?"

Jisung sits up as well. "I'm not letting you go." He shook his head. "I can't lose you. Not again." Jisung didn't think about the words he said and spoke how he feels right now.

"What do you mean again?" Y/n asks.

Jisung panicked. "I mean I just got you, we just got each other. I can't let go of you now I know how much you mean to me."

Y/n sighs, "That's not fair."

"What isn't fair?" Jisung started to get confused. He stands up from the bed. "Don't you want to stay here with me?"

Y/n took a moment before looking back at him. "Jisung. All my life I planned on going to college after graduation and getting out of here."

"But why do you have to leave? Just stay, please." Jisung begged.

"Jisung. I didn't tell you this earlier but I actually got accepted to a college I really like and...and I'm planning on going." Y/n confesses.

Jisung blankly stares. "You can't go." He slowly says without thinking.

Y/n shook her head, "You can't decide that for me. You can choose whether or not you want to come with me but I am going."

Jisung starts to pace back and forth. He exhales with frustration. "But our life is here."

"My life is just getting started." Y/n argues.

"You know what, I can't talk about this with you right now." Y/n was annoyed. Not at Jisung but how selfish he is being right now.

"You're right. We're both tired right now. Let's sleep on it and talk about it in the morning." Jisung says, gathering his stuff.

"No." Y/n follows him around the room. "We're done talking about it. I already decided." She says. Jisung still walking away, he shakes his head.

"Jisung. You can't leave right now." She's now following him down the stairs. "It's pouring outside. At least wait for it to clear up."

Jisung finally stops and turns to face the girl. "I just need time to myself to think about this. If I stay here, it will just make me want you to stay even more." He says.

His hand is on the doorknob. "Jisung please." She begs. He doesn't listen and opens the door.

Y/n grunts with frustration. She rushes to grab her jacket before following after him outside.

Jisung was at the end of the driveway but he couldn't see the fast car coming up from the main street.

Y/n sees the car approaching as Jisung walks onto the street.

Before she could yell for him to get to the side...it was too late.

"JISUNG!" Y/n screams before running to the boy who laid flat on the ground. The person came out of the car in a panic. "Oh my god." The lady shrieks.

"Call an ambulance!" Y/n orders the woman. The lady struggles to get her phone out but she managed to get the emergency contact.

"Jisung." Y/n cries. She is kneeled next to the boy. She's shaking but she manages to lay his head on her lap. Jisung was in even worse condition but he still had his eyes opened, barely.

"Please, please." Tears is running down from her eyes. "I'll stay. You hear me, I will stay. Please *sniffles* please don't leave me. *SCREAMS*." Y/n screams into a cry.

Ryujin hears the commotion happening outside her house. She grabs an umbrella and walks outside. She sees Y/n sitting in the middle of the street, holding Jisung in her arms.

She started to run towards them. "Oh my god! Oh my god Y/n. What happened?" Ryujin rushes to kneel down by Y/n. She holds the umbrella over the three of them.

Y/n continues to cry.

The lady came back. "I'm so sorry. I didn't see him there. The rain was blocking my view and he was just there. The ambulance is on their way."

The lady then backed away in shock and to give them some space.

"What am I going to do?" Y/n says aloud.

"Jisung. Jisung can you hear us?" Ryujin speaks to the barely conscious boy.

"I'm sorry Y/n." It almost came out as a whisper. Y/n snaps her head to Jisung. "No, I'm sorry. I'm sorry *sniffles* this happened." She caresses his cheek.

"If any-anything happens, just know I-that I love you Kang Y/n." Jisung softly smiles. His voice starts to fade.

"No." Y/n cries. "Nothing's going to happen. Jisung." His eyes started to close. "JISUNG."

Y/n sobs. "Han Jisung."

The ambulance came.

"Y/n, they're here." Ryujin carefully said.

"Jisung."

That was the last thing Jisung heard before everything turned black.

Then there was nothing.

No sight, no hearing, no anything.

Just pure blackness.