Eighteen

That night...

The doorknob of the bedroom rattled before a drunken Y/n stumbled behind the door and into the room.

She holds onto dear life of her cup with alcohol still in it. She falls into the door, closing it in the process. Before she got off, she made eye contact with Jisung who was sitting on the edge of the bed.

He was watching her the entire time.

Not saying anything, he just takes a sip from his own cup.

"I'm- I'm sorry. I didn't think anyone was using this room." She awkwardly said.

She didn't know what to do. She never really talked to Jisung one on one or even been in the same room alone with him. He would always be with Ryujin or she would see him during the times she was with Hyunjin.

She wanted to leave because of the awkward tension but she didn't want to at the same time because she had no where to go to be actually alone.

Something was off about her, like something was bothering her. Jisung notices that.

"It's fine. You can stay if you want to. I just needed to be somewhere quiet too." He calmly says.

Y/n just nods as she takes a seat opposite from Jisung. They both sit in silence, slowly letting their drunk state of minds take over.

After a few moments it was no longer awkward. It was just silence.

They were comfortable around each other and deep down they both wanted to find a quiet space from the party for the same reason.

They were jealous.

Y/n couldn't stand Jisung casually making out with Ryujin out in the open and Jisung couldn't stand Y/n and Hyunjin's hands all over each other.

They never admitted it out loud to anyone but they have feelings for each other that grew since the day they met. 

They continued to sit in silence, enjoying each other's company. Jisung would glance at Y/n here and there, and Y/n would fiddle with her cup as she thinks about how she can start a conversation with him.

"Can I ask you something?" Jisung finally breaks the silence. The sudden question made Y/n look right at the boy. "Yeah." She mutters.

Jisung keeps eye contact with her. "Do you ever feel like you were missing something? Like mentally? Emotionally?...Physically?"

Y/n breaks the eye contact and looks down. She gulps, "Sometimes I do. Do you?" She couldn't even look at the boy now. She spares a glance but quickly looks away.

Jisung sighs, "All the time."

"Even with Ryujin?" Y/n carefully says.

"Especially with her." Jisung says then takes a drink from his cup. Y/n fiddles with her cup, "I could say the same with Hyunjin." She admits.

There was a moment of silence.

"Have you ever wondered what would have happened if we got together instead?" Y/n slowly asks. She looks at Jisung, waiting for his answer.

He doesn't say anything but looks at her.

No one said anything after that. Y/n slowly gets off the bed and makes her way to Jisung's side. Without breaking eye contact she grabs his cup then walks over to the nightstand to set down both of their cups.

She walks back and stands in front of him. Still holding eye contact, no words but they knew what the other person wanted.

Y/n steps closer, now in between Jisung's legs. She leans down with her hands on his shoulders, their lips close to each other but not close enough to touch.