Thirty-Three

"Eternity as a slave." Jin lets out as he gazes down at his daughter, "I wish I could give you a better home because you deserve much more." He spoke in a whisper so that the King couldn't quite comprehend what he said.

"What are you over there saying?"

With a deep breath, Jin looked over to where the King stood and asked, "am I allowed to voice my thoughts regarding your desire for us to marry? It only seems right to share what I feel about it."

After a moment of internal debate, Jungkook said, "If those thoughts are respectful, you can share them; otherwise, keep them to yourself."

After nodding and attempting to organize his words in his head, Jin fumbled to find the appropriate phrase to say. He also was trying to consider how saying things could have an adverse effect on his parents, especially when they were in the Kingdom.

"Maybe you are right when you say that some or others would die to have an eternity with you. To be fair, I feel like spending an eternity with you would be similar to that for me."

"What exactly do you mean by that?"

Jin knew he couldn't outright explain what he meant to the King, so he decided to try another angle with his words. "My King, you are a shocking man for wanting to marry someone like me. I cannot describe how shocked I am by your choice to have someone like me as a spouse. Perhaps you should reconsider your thinking on that. I am unsure of what motivated your decision, and I know I am not entitled to make suggestions. Truthfully, I am not qualified for this. I'll never be an appropriate spouse for a King. It's a role that calls for a man who is strong, committed, and deserving of such a high honor, like maybe one of the other men here. Surely one of them is qualified?"

The King pondered Jin's words as he walked to the bed and took a seat, no longer wanting to stand. "I think I can understand your thoughts here, and thank you for sharing them."

Jin smiled, "of course, my King, you are welcome, and I am happy you agree with me on this."

"There is a big difference between saying I understand and saying I agree. For one thing, I do not agree with you. No one could be more qualified to be my husband, and stand by my side, than you. I have already made up my mind Seokjin; we are getting married, regardless of how you see things. Although you might not be deserving, you certainly possess other characteristics that make you an ideal husband, for me."

The King's answer did not make Jin pleased; it was not what he was trying to hear. "But I don't see you as an ideal husband for me." He spoke out, no longer being able to suppress his honest thoughts.

"Make sure your words are carefully chosen, Seokjin! Exactly what do you mean by speaking such nonsense? Why am I not an ideal husband?" Jungkook stood up, furious at Jin's words.

Jin drew a deep breath. "There is a lot on the list. Firstly, you are not asking me to marry you; you are telling me, who does that? Then, you have another person pregnant, or more than one pregnancy right now. How do I know?

Additionally, you are in intimate relationships with so many people. I have never been intimate with anyone else in my life except for you. The two of us are like night and day; nothing in common.

In the most respectful way possible, my King, I do not like you. I mean this to you with the highest respect. I am mindful of the fact that you like me and see me as ideal, but my perception of you is completely different from your perception of me, and forcing me to marry you will not change that."

The King's fist clenched, and his gaze hardened on Jin, causing Jin to hold Moon close to his chest while he stared back at the King.

"I recognize that you are trying to upset me and make me change my mind, but I'm not going to let you do that. If anything, you are strengthening my desire for it to happen even more. Also, since I began to feel deeply for you, I have not had sex with anyone else; it's been only you and will continue to be only you going forward. If I am telling you we are getting married; it is because I am choosing to commit to you.

Sure, I have a lot of kids. Moon isn't my first child; she is your first; however, don't hold against me what you were aware of from the beginning. You were brought to me, not forced to come here, and if I understand correctly, you came voluntarily. I am aware that I am not always the best. I might have done things that are not aligned with your values or what you were taught, but I am not all bad.

I brought your parents here on my own initiative, without any obligation on my part, but I thought of you and what you might need that I cannot provide. However, it didn't matter to you, right? If it had been Jimin, I'm sure it would have meant the world to you.

Maybe I should have done what I did on your birthday and invited them here, but let Jimin act as though he did because that would make more sense to you, right?

Let me be clear on this, Seokjin: no matter what you say or how you say it, I will marry you because that is what I want. There's no need for you to tell me it's selfish; I already know it is. I am a selfish King, after all. I believe in possessing my wish. Before we take the next step to marriage, I will give you an opportunity to start loving me the same way I love you.

As for the past, I will not attempt to change it because what has happened has happened. I did what I did in the past, but if you could teach me how to become a better man and a better king, one who is good to you and to my kids, then I would be open to learning how to become that."

There was so much to take in; it was too much for Jin to comprehend. He, however, remained focused on the King's words relating to bringing his parents to the Kingdom for his birthday.

"You brought my parents here for my birthday?"

"Today, it has taken too much time of mine to talk to you; now I have important matters to deal with. You should eat something and put Moon in her crib to sleep instead of holding her in your arms while she is sleeping. The fact that she will be sleeping here with us is already bad enough; let's not introduce her to any more bad habits." Jungkook told Jin firmly before departing the room.

The quietness pleased Jin as he sat back and looked down at his daughter. The issue of her being born so early made him wonder if she would have any health issues. While he didn't know, he would like to hear from the doctor about her concerns and thoughts.

The sound of the door opening made him look up, connecting eyes with the King, whom he had thought had left, "I shouldn't have pulled that gun on you while you were pregnant. Saying you would marry Namjoon made me impulsive and act without thinking. I would appreciate it if you avoided saying things like that in the future since sometimes my reaction is unpredictable. Furthermore, it would help if you only thought about getting married to me from now on. Don't think of marrying anyone else because I will kill them without regrets, and I mean that Seokjin, because if I can't have you, then neither can they.

However, I didn't come back here just for that. I just wanted to clarify that what happened with Moon joining us so early was not my intention, and I am glad she is doing well, and you as well."