Chapter Sixteen

Today is the day of the Gala and I'm kind of worried about it. There are going to be many CEO's and I'm afraid they are going to judge my relationship with Ashton. He kept telling me it was alright and that I should just stay calm and everything will be fine. However, I'm still anxious about it but I know I'll get over it.

This morning everyone was confused for a moment, they forgot that they passed out at our home. It was quite funny and I wish I had it on tape. I had made breakfast and everyone was mingling and the boys had big smiles on their faces. The sight of this makes me happy and it made me realize that I am excited to have children of my own one day.

It was currently 2:30 pm and we were at work. Ashton tried giving me the day off, however I was not going to accept that. I am capable of going to work and then going home to get ready for the Gala. It was a boring day because all I have to do is file papers and copy the notes I took and give them to Ashton.

Kylie and Brandon are going to babysit the boys and Makenzie and Drew are going because Makenzie's father is a CEO of another company and he wants her to go. I question why she didn't just work for her father, but she says it's because she doesn't want to get treated differently. She wanted to play fair, which made me think about my position and whether or not if he didn't know me previously would I have gotten this job?

I finally finished the papers and went to go give them to him. I knock on his door and he said to come in. I went in and I put the papers on his desk. He gave a smile and got up from his chair to come see me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and leaned down to give me a kiss.

"How are you my Princess?" He asked whit a big smile on his face

"I'm good my handsome Prince, how about yourself?" I asked and he chuckled and pecked my nose

"A new name? I like it," he chuckled, "I'm good, however I missed you,"

I rolled my eyes and said, "You saw me this morning,"

We talked for a bit until he made me go home and get ready for tonight. I texted Kylie to meet me and the house to help me get ready. I would have asked Makenzie but she has to get ready as well. When I got home I took a quick shower and when I was in my towel and another on my head I heard the door open.
"Honey! I'm home!" I heard Kylie pretended to be my boyfriend. I laughed and when I saw her I gave her a hug. "Girl you are going to look stunning after we finished. Now go put ur lingerie on and put this rob over it,"

I did as she said and then went back and she did my hair. She dried and and left the front pieces down and put the rest in a pretty lower bun and she curled the front pieces. She made me put on my dress so she could do my make-up. She was making me look as beautiful as I can be. It took about 2 hours to get ready and the event is in an hour since it is currently 5 o'clock on the dot.

Ashton came into the house but Kylie made me hide from him until it was time to go. She wanted to surprise him so I went to Deans room and hung out with him for a while. It was nice to spend some time with him before he leaves to live with mom and dad.

"Hey bud, what you up to?" I asked him and he turned back to give me a smile.

"Bry, you look beautiful as always, and nothing just some stupid homework. I don't understand why they give us this shit. It takes our time away and it's useless," he groaned and I laughed at him.

"I know I should be a grown up and tell you to suck it up but I'm your sister and I'm going to say you can do it later. Right now how about we just chill and talk hm?" I asked him and his smile grew even wider. He jumped from his seat and hugged me

"You are the best sister in the whole entire world, I love you!" He yelled and I laughed. He said the best sister, I wonder if that would have been different if Tara was still alive.