Chapter Two

I froze I didn't know what to do or what to think. My brother has been in an accident and memories came rushing back to me.

'Mom I swear if you're messing with me just to get me to come back home,' I said with a serious tone

'No Honey, he's in the hospital. He tried to.... He tried to kill himself,' she told me and I immediately and told her I'd be there as soon as I could.

"I'm sorry sir, I really wanted this job but I need to get back home it's an emergency. It was very nice to meet you again, maybe we will see each other again when I get back," I tell him and I got up and went towards the door.

"Wait Aubrey," he yelled out and I turn back to look at him. "You can ride my private jet it will get you back home faster,"

"I can't let you do that sir, I am fine taking a regular plane. I need to book one now for the first flight out. Thank you though for the offer," I told him. It was a nice offer and I probably should have taken it but I would feel bad and feel as if I was taking advantage of him.

"I want to help you out I could hear a bit of what your mother said and I know you are telling the truth. So, please just accept my offer and take my private jet so you can be with your family as soon as possible. As for the job when you get back you will be able to come in and work as my PA. You got the job if you still want it when you get back," he told me and I was shocked to say the least. He is letting me get this job even though I have to leave in the middle of it? He's a nice guy and I appreciate everything he's doing for me but I really need to get home so all I did was nod.

"I don't even know what to say to that sir. Thank you so much and you won't regret hiring me. I will work hard and try to make your work life, Thank you," I told him and he nodded and walked me to the jet.

"If you need anything call the receptionist and ask for me. If it is urgent and she tells you I'm in a meeting just tell her that it is urgent and you need to speak with me and I will answer your call, have a safe flight" he says and turns away to walk back to his building. He didn't give me time to respond probably because he knew I was going to argue with him.
      I go in the jet and take a seat and the flight attendant offered me a glass of champaign which I happily accepted. I looked out the window and I feel a rush of guilt run through me. It's my fault my brother tried to kill himself. I forgot that I wasn't the only one that was affected by Tara's death. My family needed me especially my brother. He tried to text me to come home yesterday or to call him and I ignored it. If I just called him back maybe he wouldn't have tried to kill himself. This time if he dies it will be my fault. I will be the one to blame for both my siblings death. I don't know if I will be able to hold that much guilt within me.

    An hour past by and we finally made it to North Carolina. I leave the jet and say thank you to the captain for taking me here. I rush out and grab a taxi to go to the N.C. hospital. Once I am there I run in and go to see the person at the front desk.

"I'm here to see Dean Cooper," I told her in a rush

"What is your relation to him?" She asks and I roll my eyes

"I'm his sister," I told her. She should know me I was here everyday for a year. Looking after my sister until they pulled the plug.

"Room 304 just down the hall." She finally told me and I run to the room to see my brother laying on a hospital bed asleep and my parents around him.

"Mom, dad, how is he?" I ask and they both turned their heads to see me.

"Sweetie,  I'm so happy you came. We will let you be with him alone for a bit. He's stable he will recover, at least that is what the doctor said," my mother said and I nodded. I waited until they left and then I went to sit next to him.