Chapter 25

The next day was a stressful and tough one. I woke up with an alarm. I was reminded that I had to go with Daddy to the corporation to learn what it takes to be the president of Manzano Technologies Corporation. Do I have what it takes?

Sa buong buhay ko, hindi ako nagkaroon ng interes na alamin ang trabaho nina Mommy at Daddy sa corporation. I wasn't interested in their business ventures, achievements, and even when they have problems encountered...I never gave them the chance to share it with me.

Was I really a bad daughter? I was like living in a bubble, being selfish as heck and not looking outside. I was too greedy not to think about my family. I'm so unfair that I didn't give them the chance to be a parent. I regretted it so much.

That's why at six in the morning, I was already up. Kasama si Daddy, inihatid kami ng family driver sa Taguig where Manzano Technologies Corporation is located.

In the thirty-minute ride, my mind went back to what happened yesterday. After Pierre and I talked, we went back to the living room. Pierre didn't answer back to what I'd decided for me...for us. I hoped he understood my point. In the living room, I can still remember Daddy's exact words.

"Our lawyer will file the criminal case on Rainne Cayetano. As for the plans in securing my daughter's safety here and in her stay in New York, five bodyguards will be assigned."

I responded with a nod as I stared with my father's tired and heavy-lidded eyes.

"Pierre, son, you're a vast help to my daughter, Dae. But your parents are against going with her. It's not necessary. Am I understood?" Daddy continued in his authoritative voice.

Hinanap ko ang mga mata ni Pierre. He's sitting beside, lowering his head. Nakapatong ang magkabilang siko sa kanyang binti habang magkahawak ang kamay namin. I gulped and waited for his response.

He raised his chin. His eyes were serious and hesitant. Nakahinga ako nang maluwag sa pagtango niya. I don't want him to feel that I don't need his help. Like what Daddy said, it's not necessary.

"I understand, Tito."

I went back to reality when the car stopped at the office skyscraper of Manzano Technologies Corporation. It's a high-rise building, a modern one.

Pinanood ko ang paglapit ng isang matangkad at pormal na lalaki. Pinagbuksan niya sa Daddy na nasa right side ko. The man also opened the door to my side. I remained silent when I walked beside my father. I straightened my back and raised my chin when Daddy glanced at me. I waited for him to speak.

The man opened the glass door of the building. Two armed men were inside. As I roamed my eyes on the first floor of the corporation, I felt cold and uncomfortable. I'm the heiress of this corporation, but I have never set foot here in my entire life. Funny that I will be the president of one of the tallest buildings here in Taguig. I only dreamt of being a writer and earning with my passion. I never imagined that I would be an heiress at the same time.

"This building is ours, Daesiree," Daddy began when we finally entered the building. He extended his right hand in the whole space. "What you see here is my hard work."

After that, we entered an elevator to go to one of the top floors. A few of the employees greeted and waited for us to go first. They distance themselves from us and keep quiet. I observed the three women in their most formal but striking business suit. I've seen different styles of business suits because Mommy is always wearing them. How ironic that I'll be wearing a business suit someday.

I focused again on Daddy. I digested his words as he spoke with seriousness and formality, especially when addressing his field of expertise. It's his normal.