Chapter 29

I was eager the next day because Pierre was going to take me to the Manzano Technologies Corporation. I asked Daddy about it over breakfast, and he agreed. Mas nauna na sila ng family driver kanina while I waited for Pierre for a few minutes.

"Good morning, baby," he greeted and kissed me.

"Good morning," bati ko pabalik then pumasok na ako sa binuksan niyang pinto para sa akin.

I was smiling from ear to ear. Pagpasok ni Pierre sa driver's seat ay hinalikan ko ang pisngi niya. He eyed me, surprised and delighted.

He chuckled as he started the engine. He looked hot today. He's wearing a fitted white shirt and jeans. His hair looked soft in a clean-cut. In contrast, I'm wearing a black long sheer sleeve corset and white asymmetric straight leg jeans. I put my white mini handbag with a strap on my lap.

"Tell me about New York," he began.

Humarap ako sa kanya. I put my leg up comfortably on my seat.

"So...I went to...I think five museums already? I told you that, tama ba?"

Grinning, he nodded at me while facing the road. "Yeah, baby."

"I also went to The Metropolitan Museum of Art! You know, The Met? It amazed me, babe."

"Have you gone to the libraries too?"

I nodded enthusiastically. "You bet! I went to the New York Public Library. I almost got lost. Napaka-laki. Thank goodness, Lawrence was able to help me," tuloy-tuloy kong pagkukwento.

Pierre reacted the opposite. His eyes became dark. He glanced at me with jealousy in his eyes.

"Hmm. The guy who carried you. What's up with you two?" he asked in an edgy tone.

"He's a friend. Alam niya halos lahat ng New York tourist spots. It was an advantage because I didn't need to look into a map. You know I'm not good with that."

Tumang-tango siya. Isn't he convinced?

"Don't be jealous, please."

He tightened his jaw. "Fine. I'm sorry. I don't trust the guy."

Nang tumigil ang kotse niya sa harap ng building ay inayos ko ang pag-upo ko. Hindi ko inalis ang tingin ko sa kanya hanggang sa suklian niya 'yon.

"Trust me, Pierre. I don't need any man in my life other than you."

He stared at me for a long time, caressing my cheek.

"I have to go. You don't need to pick me up later. Sasabay na lang ako kay Daddy."

"If you insist, I'll see you tomorrow?"

I nodded and kissed his right cheek. I waved at him as he drove away.

Pumasok na ako sa building. Naghihintay sa akin si Franc nang umakyat ako sa forty-seventh floor. I went straight to the other side of Daddy's office. Franc opened the glass door where Daddy was at. He's sitting in one of the chairs facing the long modern conference table.

"I'm here, Daddy," I greeted him.

His eyes flew to my face. He ushered me to sit in front of him. Franc pulled the chair for me.

"Thank you."

"As a president, you need to be on time. Manage your time well, Daesiree," Daddy lectured.

Tongue-tied, I nodded. I watched him take a document and show it to me.

"We're going to analyze performance indicators, financial statements, and sales reports today."