Chapter 17

I thought I could talk to him. I ran out of the building and went to his college. But I saw him from afar with his block mates. I couldn't. Kasama niya 'yong Crissa. May dalawa pa siyang kasama na kilala ko, si Jason at Warren. Para silang may sariling mundo habang naglalakad palabas ng building. How could they afford to look better even they're stressed and tired from studying?

My eyes darted when the girl waved at them. Mas nauna siyang umalis, going from the other direction. Ang dalawang lalaki naman ay sumama sa kanya at naiwan na lang si Pierre. Wala namang kakaiba sa kanilang dalawa.

Bakit ko ba pinagdududahan si Pierre? He won't do anything to let me down. He said that. Why couldn't I believe him instead I am fed up with my jealousy?

Napailing ako. I said I was going to trust him more. What am I doing?

Pierre walked to where I was hiding. I put away my thoughts and decided to surprise Pierre. Nang sa wakas ay malapit na siya sa akin, tumalon ako mula sa pinagtataguan ko at ginulat siya.

"Hi!" I surprised him.

He cursed. I laughed at his reaction. Sinubukan kong maging masaya. Hindi ko dapat pagdudahan si Pierre, I should trust him if I want our relationship to work.

"You looked cute!" I laughed, still awkward.

He grinned and squeezed my cheeks. I whined.

"Pierre!" reklamo ko.

Siya naman ang tumawa. I crossed my arms and walked away from him. Nagpakipot lang naman ako pero hindi niya yata naintindihan. Tuloy-tuloy ako sa paglalakad. Pagbaling ko ay wala siya sa likod ko. I thought he's going to run after me.

Sa halip na hintayin siya, I came back from where I came from. I thought my jealousy had subsided. I saw the birthday girl and Pierre talking to each other. Mas maliit ang babae sa akin. Mukhang seryoso naman ang pinag-uusapan nila. With my confidence and anger, I strode towards the two.

Nakita agad ako ni Pierre. Lumapit siya sa akin at kinuha ang bag ko. I let him. I stared at the girl while she watched us. Kinuha ko ang kamay ni Pierre. I calmed down a bit.

"Is she your block mate?" I asked as if I didn't know she was.

He nodded. "She was the birthday celebrant."

I smiled fakely. I refused to greet her.

"Girlfriend mo, Pierre?"

She doesn't know me? I tilted my head. Tiningnan ko si Pierre. He gave his attention to the girl.

"She is. Dae, this is Crissa," pagpapakilala niya sa babae. "Crissa, this is Dae, my girlfriend."

Crissa extended her hand to me. I didn't take it. I'm too jealous. I wanted us to leave her here and talk to Pierre. I licked my bottom lip.

"I know her," sambit ko.

I watched her shove her hair back away from her face like she didn't extend her hand.

"You do?" Pierre whispered.

I squinted my eyes when Crissa glanced at my boyfriend for a second.

"Yes." I folded my arms on my chest. I took a deep breath and continued, "I saw her post on Twitter. The lunch you talked about, Pierre. Crissa, right?"

"Oo."

Her face looked so innocent. But I know better. I've seen enough from Pierre's admirers. Parang kumikislap ang mga mata nila kapag nasa harap ng gusto nila. She's one of them.