mistakes were made

"Haven't you heard the rumours? Everyone is talking about it."

"What the actual fuck. Where did this even come from?" I said completely baffled.

"Someone saw you coming out from Jane's dorm on Friday. Listed, I'm not here to judge you, I'm just here for the facts, you know, to get information from the primary source. So how was it?" He asked with a huge grin and curiosity in his eyes. God, I hated this guy.

"Wait, wait, let's get this straight, I am not sleeping with Jane. We're just friends." I said and douted for a second. Are we friends? Would she call me her friend? We haven't known each other for very long, but I think I would call her my friend. I'm just not sure if she would.

"Don't give me that bullshit. 'We're just friends.' " He said in a mocking voice." Like I haven't heard that one before."

"I'm serious, nothing happened, "I said louder than I meant.  I needed to think of a way to get him out of my hair and stop these dumb rumours.

"Listen, you don't need to be mad cos she turn you straight, I mean, I get it, just look at her."

"Oh my god, can you shut the fuck up!"I have heard worst comments in the past, but this time it just pissed me off more than ever. 

"I'm seeing someone. A guy, actually. Jane didn't just magically cure my gayness. That's not how it works, and if you don't like it, you can just fuck off."

 At that moment it seemed like a good idea to tell him that. It was a lie of course, but I needed to prove a point.

"Yo, calm down, dude, I didn't mean to offend you." He tried to apologise." So, who's the guy, do I know him?"

Shit. I guess I dug myself this hole. Might as well go with it.

"I don't think so..." I said.

"Well, tell me his name."

I took a glance around the cafeteria. And just for a second, I saw him. He was sitting across the room with maybe four or five people talking and laughing. And honestly, I don't know what got into me at that moment.

"Alex." I blurted out. And the moment that word left my mouth I started to regret it. 

At that exact moment, Alex looked at me. And just for a second, our eyes met. His stare was full of questions but he quickly went back to the conversation he was having. 

I fucked up. I fucked up real bad. But I couldn't take it back now.

"I gotta go," I said standing up. I left the cafeteria before Trevon could say another word. He tried to say something to me, but I didn't bother to listen.

I didn't know where to go. I just turned in the direction of my next lecture even tho I had plenty of time.

My phone rang startling me. I looked at the screen. It was Jane.

"Hey," I answered.

"Thank god, Ry, please come over." She cried out. I knew something was wrong." I didn't have anyone else to call."

"What happened?" I asked terrified.

"I had a nightmare," She said.

"A nightmare?"

"Yes, it was so bad, so bad, please, I don't want to be alone."

"Yeah, ok, I'll come, just try to calm down."

I hunged up.

Janes dorm wasn't far away, so I walked there pretty quickly. Well, I wouldn't call it walking, I rather run. Nightmares weren't the worst thing that could happen to a person, but I had my fair share of them, I knew how it felt. I knew how she felt.