the werewolf curse

TW: homophobia, internalised homophobia, past abuse, discussion of suicide

I sat in the library. It's one of those places where I can think easier. It's quiet, usually empty and spacious. It just feels like there is more space for my thoughts.

And this is the last place I saw jane. Well, saw jane alive. It kinda sounds weird but I feel closer to her here. I tried to imagine what she was thinking when she was here.

But it's hard. I know that she knew more than me. She knew too much. That's why she ended up dead.

I needed to know what she knew. The name list didn't help much. It's incomplete. And I had a feeling that maybe the person I'm looking for, isn't even on that list.

But that's all I had to go off. And these illegible scribbles on the table. Seems like no one bothered to clean these tables. I guess was lucky on that part.

But it's not like I would find an answer in those scribbles. It just looks like a bunch of random laters and numbers. 

There was one line that look different from everything else. It was a string of numbers, numbers that look a lot like an...IP address.

The realisation hit me. It was an IP address. It can't be. Did jane leave a digital copy of her notes? Oh, please, god let that be the case.

I didn't waste another minute. I sat down at one of those ancient computers that the library had. I waited for that old thing to turn on and typed the numbers into the search bar.

The internet was so slow that it almost killed me.

Eventually, it loaded a website. I sighed in disappointment. It wasn't her research, that for sure.

please enter a password. The text on the screen said.

 I didn't have a password, obviously. So it's a dead end. Again.

I sighed.

There has to be something more here. I looked at the table again. Could it be that those random letters and numbers were the password?

It didn't hurt to try. I typed the letters and numbers in the bar.

And it worked.

"Fuck yeah," I whispered.

The website was weird. Like super weird. It looked professional but the content was so bizarre.  The page was called "the black cat coven".

It looked like a fan page for some weird creepypasta that I would be obsessed with as a kid.

Why did jane write this down?

 I looked over some articles. It didn't take me long to realise this website was about witchcraft. There were rules and guidelines, recommendations and a whole bunch of other things that I didn't ever understand.

Why would jane be interested in this kind of stuff?

There has to be something here.

I noticed a search bar at the top.

I looked up one word.

werewolf

I found an article marked as an advanced curse.

The article was short but informative.

Caution: shapeshifter curses must be performed only by licenced witches. Transgression won't be tolerated by the coven.