I hate that I love you

"Alex, are you mad at me?" I asked after a long silence.

I could see how hard he was clutching the car wheel. He didn't say a word since I woke up in the car. 

"No," he said still staring at the road.

"You're lying. I know you're angry at me." I looked down at my blood covered hands. The blood has already started to dry.

"Yes. No, I'm not angry at you, "a sigh." Yes, I'm angry at you. No, that's not... you don't deserve this."

"This was my choice!" I looked at him but he didn't meet my eyes.

"You have no idea what you're choosing, that's the problem."

"I'm choosing to be with  you, is that the problem?"

Alex went quiet.

"Maybe it is. This wasn't the plan. You deserve to be a human, not a monster."

"Is that how you see me now. am I a monster to you?"

"No, you're the furthest thing for a monster. I- you... you just don't get what this means for you. Do you understand? I'm worried for you."

"Well, you shouldn't be, the last time I checked, I'm immortal now."

Alex shook his head.

"You're focusing on wrong things."

"On what I should be focusing on then?"

Alex didn't answer. His lips pressed tightly together. I could smell the anger on him. I wasn't sure if this was a werewolf thing or was I just imagining things. I wasn't even sure what I was supposed to feel. There was something different about me but I couldn't put my finger on it. I traced a line on my, now healed wrist. There wasn't even a scar on it, as there wasn't a bullet wound on my stomach.

I looked through the window. If Alex didn't want to talk I wasn't going to force him. I watched as the snow fell on the car window and was quickly brushed away by the wiper. It was nice that it was finally winter. The forest looked so beautiful now. Well, I assumed we were in a forest, but actually, I had no idea.

"Where are we going?"I asked.

"As from humans as possible," Alex said still staring through the window.

"Why?"

"I don't want you to hurt innocent people."

I frowned.

"That's cheap of you to say."

"This isn't about me. It's about you. I don't want you to become like me."

"If you haven't noticed, I'm already a killer," I said and words came out a bit too proud.

"We going to have a talk about that later, but now let's focus on getting you out of here." Alex sped up.

"Why?"

"You need to turn."

"But I don't feel anything." that was true. I didn't feel any different from how I felt a couple of days ago.

"You will and when you do I want you to be safe, ok? I'm going to take care of you. You're going to be fine."

"I feel like you telling that more to yourself than me."

"Maybe I am... I know what this means. You're stuck, you're stuck with me."

"I don't see anything wrong with that."

Alex shook his head.

"I'm not talking about that, I just...I don't want you to hurt as I do. Ryan, it's a cruse, it's not going to be fun."