hunt the beast

Today is two weeks since jane died.

And today is the first day when studies start again. It feels so wrong that I get to go to my old life and she doesn't. 

But I try not to think about it. I try to somehow distract myself from those thoughts. And there is one person who can do that.

I shifted in bed hiding my face from the morning light. Just to open my eyes and see that Alex was also awake. I turned on my side so I would face him.

"Morning," he whispered.

I smiled.

"Morning."

"Seems like you slept well tonight," he touched my cheek.

"Mhmm, I did." 

He smiled again and kissed my nose tip. I giggled at that.

"We should get up. You're going to be late for class," he said.

"Mhmm," I grunted in frustration." I don't want to. Can we skip today?"

"Sure,"

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah, why not, it's just one day."

"I thought you were the responsible one."

"Trust me, I don't want to leave the bed as much as you. Besides." he kissed my neck." I can think of other activities we can do."

I chuckled.

"Yeah, and what would those be?"

"You have to guess." he pulled my shirt collar down and kissed my collarbone.

"Stop, it tickles." I laughed.

"Oh? are you ticklish?" he had a devilish smile on his face.

"No."

"Really?" he slipped his fingers under my shirt. lightly touching my sensitive skin. I couldn't help but start laughing. His fingers travelled all the way to my armpit.

"No, please stop." I squirmed trying to get away from his touch.

But he didn't let go of me somehow ending up on top of me trapping me under him.

"Alex, pleaseee, stoop." I laughed.

He did stop eventually. 

"God, I hate you." I smiled trying to catch my breath.

Alex looked down on me, silent for a second.

"I like seeing you smile," he said." I could look at you for an eternity."

"Eternity, huh, a bit long don't you think?"

"No, not at all."

I sighed.

"I should really get up. I skipped so many classes this semester. I don't want to fail"

I tried to get up but Alex stopped me. He still had his arm wrapped around my waist.

"Stay. Let me have this."

"Have what?"

"You."

"You have me, like twenty-four hours a day, but right now I need to go."

"Ryan, just let me enjoy this while I still have it."

"Still?"

"You never know."

"Are planning on leaving or something?"

"No, unless you ask me."

"Well, I'm not taking you anything, just to let me go to classes, which I mind you, you also have."