seal the deal

Of course, he knew. Of course, He had to know Travon. That piece of shit couldn't keep his mouth shut. What was I thinking? Telling something to Travon is the same as telling it to the whole campus.

"I'm so sorry." I manage to say." I didn't mean it."

"You didn't mean it?"Alex said lifting an eyebrow. He turned in the chair so he would be directly looking at me.

"No, I mean yes, but no, I did, but not really, I'm so sorry please don't be mad at me," I mumbled sitting up just because I couldn't stand him looking down at me.

"Why would I be mad at you." He smiled."Honestly, I find it quite hilarious."

"Wait, you do?"

Alex chuckled.

"You don't need to freak out about every little thing, you know." He said.

"Oh ok, I just thought, that you know... uhh, a straight guy would be mad if you know, someone said he was with a guy." oh my god, why did I just say that. What the fuck is wrong with me.

"Who said I was straight?"

"Uhh, what?" 

"I don't really focus on labels and I don't care about gender either, it's not a big deal."

"Oh okay, that good, so you cool with it? I didn't just ruin our friendship?"

"No, you didn't"

"Yeah, ok, that's great. I'll fix everything, don't worry. I'll talk to Travon and tell him I was talking about a different Alex."

"I'm the only Alex on campus."

"What? That can't be true. It's a super popular name."

"Just your luck, I guess." Alex shrugged.

"Ok, then I'm just gonna say I lied. That I'm not seeing anyone."

"Ugh, that sounds embarrassing. Admitting that you lied to the whole campus, that doesn't sound fun." He had a grin on his face and I knew he was planning something.

"Do I have another choice? I didn't mean to rope you into this. There's no other way"

"Actually there is. I have a proposal." I could see on his face that this meant no good.

"What kind of proposal?"

"What if you don't tell anyone you lied."

"what do you mean by that?"

"You know, what if we have some kind of fake dating situation."

"What? Why?"

"How do I put this, I often have to deal with unwanted attention. And well saying that I'm in a relationship would help with that."

"How do you even come up with this?"

"I don't know, I just had a pretty nice day having 'in relationship' status."

"Excuse me?"

"I may or may not have already told everyone that you told the truth."

"You son a-." I was about to say, but then realisation hit me. There was no reason for me to be angry. I was the one who lied in the first place. I took a deep breath.

"That means you're as guilty as me."

"I guess."

"And you just want to fake it?"

"Yeah, nothing more, we still are going to be friends. I just want to say that I'm with someone when some girl tries to flirt with me, you know make the rejection hurt less. It gets tiring after some time."