Small Talk.(5)

"Turn around!" the text stated. "You're next?!" I said trembling as I spun around and saw the shocking image. I kept telling myself that I can take care of myself but this opened up my mind to a whole new set of thinking. I could smell the fresh, red blood and I could see it dripping from the wall. I knew it was the same person who delivered the dead rats and who put the dead puppy in my bag and the little notes attatched to it. This note stated, "Real blood, your blood, well, your mother's blood, enjoy". I called the police and Cristophor who both arrived shortly after. I also called Morris to inform him of what happened since he stayed back in Malibu.

"I was asleep, I didn't even hear a sound", I said sadly. "I must've been druged or something", I added. "I do have a confession", I stated. "What?" asked one of the policeman and Cristophor at the same time. I carefully explained to them all the threats in full detail. I was scolded by the policeman but Cristophor didn't utter a word. "Give me all the evidence and I'll take it back to the lab for examination", the policeman offered. "Why can't I send it back to Malibu so Morris can test it?" I inquired. "Alexandra, please let the police do their job", Cristophor implied. I hated being corrected in public and so my eyes shot daggers and Cristophor, who returned a kind smile.

The policman soon left and Cristophor and I were all alone. There were still some blood stains left on the wall and I tried my best to clean it up while Cristophor looked at me in shock. "What now, what do you want?" I scolded him for looking at me. "Ha", he chuckled. "You probably never worked a day in your life, but here you are, cleaning the drawing room wall", he said. "Well excuse me, I'll have you know that I'm the co-owner, soon to be owner of Moore Agency", I boasted. "Domestic or house work, that's what I meant", he replied. "Whether I've cooked food in a kitchen, or cleaned a toilet is none of your damn business", I scolded. His eyes shot daggers at me, while a smile spread across his face. He was truly different. He was mysterious, dark, weird, but all in a good way.

After a long, silent pause, he came up to me, body against body and whispered, "It is my business". Suddenly, knocking was heard on the door. "C-com...". I didn't even get to finish my sentence since Cristophor rushed to the door an opened it. "Ah, Anthony, come in", said Cristophor as he motioned for the boy to come in an sit. The boy, whoose name seemed to be Anthony, was tall, light skinned and handsome, but not as handsome as Cristophor. He was holding two, black duffel bags and he placed them on the marble floor. "And you are?" I asked, showing a hint of annoyance to Cristophor since he invited a stranger into my hotel room. "Oh, I'm Cristophor's friend, call me Anthony, Anthony Seedar", he said answering my question with pleasure. "And the bags..." I trailed off. "My clothes, I'll, um, we, will be staying with you until further notice", said Cristophor. "Are you people crazy?!" "You are here to ensure that I don't die, you're not here to see what I eat for breakfast!" I scolded. "Well too bad, because we're staying", he said in a mocking tone.

Cristophor went into the kitchen and pulled out a bottle of 'Chevour Champagne' and three crystal glasses. I didn't agure and decided to join in. We talked for hours about my childhood till now and then we fell asleep on the bar stools of the kitchen.

*********************************

Another threat?

Well, it seems like Alexandra has some company. But is it for the better, or for the worse?

-Amisha