The best hot chocolate

Prompt: Hot chocolate

------------------------

Edmund never liked being sick, not when he was three, not when he was ten, not when he was thirteen, not when he was sixteen, and not even when he was eighteen, like he was now. 

He was currently laying in bed with a fever, the room spinning as he tried to concentrate on his book, but the words of Sherlock Holmes were not processing in his brain. 

"You've read that book too many times." 

He looked up to find Peter stood in the doorway, smirking at him. 

"Peter!" He cried, almost at once regretting sitting up that quickly. 

"Easy Ed." Peter chuckled, joining him on the bed and gripping his shoulders to steady him. "Calm down."

"You never told me you'd be back today!" Edmund complained, giving his older brother's shoulder a weak punch. 

Peter chuckled. He'd been away at university for the past few months, but now it would seem he was finally back home for the Christmas holidays. "Wanted to keep it a surprise." He murmered. "But I wasn't expecting to come home to find you in bed with a fever." 

Edmund sighed, rolling his eyes. "I'm just as annoyed about it as you are." He breathed, laying back down again. 

"How long have you been sick for?" Peter asked, taking the book from Edmund and placing it on the bedside table. 

"Couple days." Edmund grumbled. "It's been hell."

"You're so dramatic." Peter teased gently. 

"Oh really?" Edmund shot back. "Does your head feel like it's about to explode? Do you feel like the world is spinning. Does your nose burn like hell? Do you feel so sick that you just want to throw up and get it over with? Have you been waking up from fever dreams for the past two nights?" 

Peter blinked at him, eyes visibly softening as they lost their playful glint. "Really that bad eh?" He all but whispered. 

Edmund sighed, shaking his head. "Sorry." He choked. "Dunno where that came from." 

Peter smiled weakly. "What have you been dreaming about?" He asked slowly, brushing Edmund's slightly damp hair back from his eyes. 

"I'll give you three guesses." Edmund sighed. "Although something tells me you only need one."

Peter nodded a little. "Sorry Ed." He breathed. 

Edmund frowned. "What for?" He asked. 

"I should've come home sooner." Peter replied sadly. 

"Don't be silly Pete." Edmund muttered. "You couldn't just leave university before term ended." 

"Cambridge isn't too far away." Peter said. "I could've ditched lessons for a day." 

Edmund rolled his eyes. "Idiot." He grumbled, before sighing as his eyes slipped shut.

Peter watched him for a few moments before smiling. "You want me to make some hot chocolate?" He asked. 

Edmund's eyes instantly flickered open. "Really?" He murmered. 

Peter chuckled. "Yes really." He teased. "I'm not just gonna say that if I wasn't gonna make you one."

Edmund smiled weakly. "Go on then." He breathed, after all, Peter really did make the best hot chocolate. 

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆