You're not alone

Prompt: Christmas eve

--------------------

"Come on Ed, it's Christmas eve."

Edmund swallowed hard before taking a deep breath. "I know." He whispered.

Peter sighed, and slowly sat down on the bed beside his brother. "Please don't do this Ed." He murmered. "Don't shut yourself away again."

Edmund bit his lip. "I just miss Dad." He whispered. "Being back in England just makes me think about him all the time, especially because it's Christmas."

Peter nodded. "I understand." He murmered. "But you shut yourself away last time you felt like this, and you remember where that got you."

Edmund shuddered, nodding. "I don't want that to happen again." He whispered. "But it feels the same as how it did, I feel tired, sad, alone..."

"You're not alone Eddy." Peter choked, wrapping an arm around his little brother's shoulders. "You have Lucy, Susan, Mums still here." He paused. "I'm here, I'm not going to completely abandon you like I did last time."

Edmund shook his head. "You didn't abandon me." He sighed. "I made it extremely difficult to be around me, it wasn't you."

"Ed-"

"But I promise I won't do it again." Edmund said slowly, taking a deep breath.

Peter smiled. "I know you won't." He breathed. "And I'll be here with you just to make sure."

Edmund smiled gently. "Thanks." He murmered.

"Now what do you say we go downstairs and help Susan bake that cake." Peter suggested, smiling.

Edmund smiled. "I'd like that." He murmered.

"Just be happy yeah?" Peter said. "Remember you're not alone, everyone in this house loves you, and Dad is gonna be absolutely fine."

Edmund buried his face against Peter's chest. "I wont forget." He mumbled. "I promise."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆
Happy Christmas Eve everyone!