A bad idea

Prompt: Snowball fight

Peter: 12
Edmund: 9

-------------------------

"Please!" A nine year old Edmund said. 

Peter chuckled. "I'll be out in a minute." He said. "Let me finish this."

Edmund watched as he continued to wrap Lucy's Christmas present that he'd gotten her, nodding his head and patiently waiting for him to finish. 

It took a little while but eventually he was done, and Edmund then all but dragged him down the stairs. 

"Coat." Peter said quickly when Edmund went to open the door. "It's snowing Ed, you'll freeze." 

"Will not." Edmund said firmly, but he reached for his coat anyway. 

"You always get colder than you let on." Peter reminded him. "I'm not having you catching a cold or something." 

Edmund playfully stuck out his tongue, pulling his hat on before hurrying outside and quickly setting about rolling a snowball. 

Peter hesitated before he stepped through the door, knowing full well what was gonna happen, but eventually he just rolled his eyes, smiled a little and stepped outside. 

The second he did, something cold and wet slammed into his shoulder, causing him to laugh. "Nice shot." He complimented, turning to his brother. 

"I know." Edmund grinned, throwing another one and hitting Peter on the arm. 

Peter chuckled, before bending down and rolling a snowball of his own, throwing it at his younger brother and laughing when it hit him on the chest. 

"Hey!" Edmund snapped playfully, throwing a third snowball and this time hitting Peter on the cheek, causing his older brother to gasp. 

"That was cold." He grumbled to himself, bending down once again. 

Edmund tried to dodge the next snowball that came flying at him, but moved the wrong way, ending up with the snowball hitting him straight in the eye. 

Peter's eyes went wide, and he stood there for a moment, hoping that Edmund would just start laughing, but he didn't. 

He immediately began rubbing at his eye, taking a deep breath and clearly forcing back tears. 

Peter hurried over, gripping his shoulders before trying to pull his hand from his eye. "Don't rub it Ed." He murmered. "You okay?" 

Edmund swallowed hard. "It was cold." He said with a small smile. "And it hurt."

Peter sighed. "I'm sorry." He all but whispered. 

Edmund shrugged. "I'm okay." He breathed, finally managing to open his eyes and give his older brother a reassuring smile. 

"You sure?" Peter double checked, looking worried when he saw how red Edmund's eye was. 

Edmund nodded. "I'm sure." He breathed, rubbing his eye one more time before taking a deep breath. "I'm sure." He repeated with another nod. 

Peter eventually allowed himself to nod, smiling a little. "I'll be more careful next time." He said with a chuckle. 

"I moved the wrong way." Edmund told him. "Don't worry about it." 

Peter smiled gently at him for a while before taking a deep breath. "You wanna continue?" He asked. 

Edmund grinned. "You bet." He laughed. 

Peter chuckled and slowly stood, turning around to go roll another snowball, and the second he had he felt something collide with his back, causing him to smirk. "That..." He said, bending down. "Was a bad idea." 

And with a laugh, Edmund ran.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡