The best swordfighter in the world

Prompt: Presents

---------------------

An eight year old Edmund laughed as he held up his new wooden toy sword, pointing it straight at his older brother. "Surrender or die!" He shouted dramatically.

Peter laughed, shaking his head. "I'll never surrender." He played along.

"Then you must die." Edmund said firmly.

"Not if you die first!" Peter exclaimed, jumping from the sofa and grabbing Edmunds sword from his hands, "stabbing" him with it with a triumphant laugh.

Edmund gasped, and couldn't keep a smile off his face as he fell to the ground, giving the most dramatic death he could before going still and silent.

Peter chuckled, watching as one of Edmunds eyes snapped open and he glared playfully at him.

"Don't worry!" Lucy piped up suddenly. "I can heal him with my magic potion!"

Edmund closed his eyes again, faking death as a five year old Lucy skipped over, her own Christmas present in her hand, which was really only a bottle of Nail polish which her Mum had gotten her after a whole month of her begging because "Susan painted her nails!"

Peter watched with a laugh as Lucy "healed" her brother, before tackling him in a hug.

Edmund laughed, hugging her back for a moment before standing. "Hand over my sword." He said firmly, staring at Peter. "You have been defeated."

"I have not." Peter argued. "I'm still right here."

Edmund and Lucy exchanged glances, nodding at each other. "Get him." Edmund muttered, before the two leapt at their brother, pushing him onto the sofa and Edmund prising the sword from his hand.

Peter was laughing so hard he could barely breathe, but when he'd eventually calmed down a little he pulled both his siblings close. "You enjoyed today?" He asked.

Lucy nodded enthusiastically. "Yes!"

"It's gonna get even better when Susan and Mum eventually finish making those hot chocolates." Edmund muttered as he stared at the door.

Peter laughed. "Did you like your presents?" He said.

Edmund grinned. "I did." He replied. "Although imagine if it was a real sword!"

"And imagine if I could actually heal people!" Lucy stepped in, beaming at her oldest brother.

Peter chuckled lightly. "Edmund, you'd end up stabbing yourself if you had your own, real sword." He told him. "And Lucy, I don't think that's possible."

Edmund crossed his arms. "I would do no such thing." He said firmly. "I would be the best at swordfighting, and I would defeat evil monsters, and dragons, and witches, especially witches, they're evil." He paused for a moment. "No one will be able to defeat me, I'll be too good at swordfighting."

Peter raised an eyebrow at him, and turned to Lucy when she spoke.

"Exactly!" She exclaimed. "And of course its possible! I will heal everyone and anyone, until I run out of potion, because Mum said you should help people, so I'll do exactly that."

Peter laughed and nodded along with their fantasies, of how Edmund would be the best sword fighter in the world and how Lucy would heal people who'd been hurt, but little did he know, one day they wouldn't just be made up stories.

Edmund did indeed become the best sword fighter in the world.

And Lucy became the most beloved, best healer there was.

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆