She can never hurt you again

Prompt: The white witch

--------------------------

"She's really dead?"

Peter sighed sadly, nodding. "It was just a dream Ed." He said gently. "She's gone, she has been for over a year."

Edmund swallowed hard. "It's hard to believe that sometimes." He choked. "Especially after a dream like that."

Peter stared at him, managing to see his face only by a little light from the candle on the bedside table, and the tears on his cheeks and the fear in his eyes made his heart break. "I understand." He sighed, nodding a little. "But I can promise you she's dead, and you know when I promise something I mean it."

Edmund sniffed quietly. "Yeah I know." He whispered, before swallowing hard. "Do you reckon it'll snow this year?"

Peter hesitated.

"It did last year." Edmund added, shuddering.

Peter sighed. "I reckon it might." He murmered. "Its certainly cold enough for snow."

Edmund nodded a little, taking a deep, shaky breath.

"But you're going to be absolutely fine okay?" Peter reassured him, burying his face against Edmunds hair and pulling him close. "You're strong, you always seem to forget that."

Edmund smiled weakly, shrugging a little and resting his head against his older brothers chest. "Can - Can you stay here tonight?" He asked hesitantly, sounding unsure.

Peter nodded immediately. "Of course I can." He murmered, nodding. "You didn't even really need to ask, I was going to stay anyway."

"Of course you were." Edmund said with a tiny smirk.

Peter chuckled gently, before laying down and bringing Edmund with him, covering them with a warm blanket as he listened to the rain pelt against the windows.

Edmund buried down under the blankets, trying to keep himself warm as he wrapped his arm around Peter's waist.

"I promise you Ed," Peter murmered. "The white witch is dead, and she can never hurt you ever again."

☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆♡☆