Six

I'm going to try and remember to add more songs on the side based on what i'm listening to when i'm writing :)

Anyways, enjoy!

___

Six

I accidentally ended up sleeping over at Gerard's that night.

After we'd had sex he made us both some dinner, which was followed by us watching crappy tv and listening to records for the rest of the evening. I'd been meaning to go back to Kellin's, but by the time it hit midnight one look at the black, damp night outside made me pull a face.

"Stay" Gerard had murmured, wrapping an arm around my waist as he rested his head on my shoulder "It's not like your friend would mind, and i haven't seen you in days..."

"Go on then" I had chuckled, pulling out my phone and sending a brief text to Kellin about how i was staying over at a friends. I quickly discarded the phone after that as i really couldn't be asked to deal with any texts from him asking who this mystery friend could be, figuring i could just figure out some sort of vague answer the next day. At least Kellin always seemed to know when to drop a subject and not press me for information, especially since he found out about Ian. Right then all my attention was far from that part of my life though, and focused on the part that was currently pulling me back towards the sofa, away from the window.

"Just switch off from all that crap" he mumbled, pulling me down onto the sofa so that i was party sitting on top of him "you're too stressed."

"Well it's kind of hard not to be" my tone came out a little more snappy that i had originally anticipated, which turned me instantly apologetic "Sorry, it's just hard to juggle everything at the moment. lynz and Bert hitting it off was the last thing i expected, and I really don't know what to make of it. Plus I still haven't spoken to Ray, and i think Kellin's getting suspicious at to where i keep disappearing off too-"

"Woah" He sat up a little more when my voice started to raise in pitch "it's ok, we can sort all of this shit out. You've just got to take it one thing at a time instead of letting it all pile up in your head."

"How?" I sighed in protest "I know you're trying to make me feel better, but i'm not blind, I can see what a mess this is all is and it's going to take more than a helping hand to fix it."

"Just hear me out" he was fully at up now, facing me directly "right, first problem, go."

"Where should I start?"

"Smallest problems first, working up to the biggest. Easier to tackle them that way and it gives me time to get into the swing of things" his answer was immediate, which reassured me further that perhaps he did have some sort of idea as to what he was talking about. I guess it was sort of his job to guide people and listen to all their problems. 

"Okay, I haven't spoken to Ray since I got kicked out of the house, and i'm worried he's mad at me about the drugs. Hell, I don't even know if he'll hear me out. I tried to call him the other day but it went to voicemail after two rings. Two rings, Gerard, that means he heard it, saw it and then hung up." It seemed a bit petty for Ray to be honest. I wish he'd drop the silent treatment act and start confronting me properly, or at least give me a chance. 

"Okay, we can work with this" he nodded with encouragement "look, all Ray knows is that you were caught with a whole bag of drugs on you, ok? He has no idea why and he probably thinks you were just getting high and spiralling towards another run in with the police. Don't you see Frank? He cares about you, that's why he's mad. He doesn't want you to screw up and get into trouble again, that's all." Having a family member that really cared about me seemed a bit of an alien concept, but it was definitely a nice change of routine. I really hoped Gerard was right, and that he'd be willing to listen.