VOL.2: Chapter Trinaest

Chapter 45———Fly Faster Than Greased Lightning, Shun [Pt.1]
———————————————————————————

Bullet cases fell down the floor as police officers were swarmed by Daemons, at least the gore was toned down for the kids.
"Christ, Danses! There are way too many of these damn Daemons here!! There are at least several dozens of them!!"
The one who yelled at the grizzled Gabriel Danses was none other than Fiona Foster, a rookie who has been out of the Arlingwin County Police Academy for a while now. The only reason why she joined the Police Force was to help in controlling the street violence that the Heroes couldn't do.
In Jupira, since she always abhorred the life of gangsters. The Los Perdidos, a notorious gang, used her friend to do despicable things.
Terrible things that she does not want her friend to relive.
Gabriel Danses, One of the most stoic, hard-boiled, yet immensely was drunk 90% of his free time. He has been in the force for almost twenty years, being one of the most experienced cops in the N.U.S.N. He has faced daemons, two ex-wives that came from the devil himself, degenerates, and too much to list.
He has conquered it all——except his financial issues of course. It is his quick thinking and his instincts that have kept him alive and well, also having the instinct to use his gun sooner than later.
He bared his teeth in frustration at the Daemons, as he and Fiona and seven other officers were running out of ammunition. "Shit! We're running out of ammonium !!" One police officer said, followed by Danses insulting him, "No shit!! Fiona——still nothing?!?"
Soon after, one Daemon, a goblin, crept up on him just to get blowed in the face by scrap metal. Fiona checked her highly advanced walk talkie gauntlet and shook her head.
"Still nothin', Gabe!"
"Well, work on it more!!" He yelled back.
Jesus Christ. She thought as more hordes of them appeared, a sudden increase startled them as one wanted to run away. It wasn't Gabe or Fiona, no——it was just a boring, generic police officer who decided to run away before his life was cut short by a simple...
Snap. Though there wasn't any magic involved, all it took was all one flick of the wrist for his demise. It was Elijah——Yami's half-brother——who ended the man's life without any physical contact.
Vaniguzu joined the battle, unfortunately for the cops.
The Devil of Fire and Ice stood atop of a mountain of ice, sheathing his sword. The ice mountain had steam coming off of it and was indigo in color. "You cops are something, it cracks me up to a point," Vaniguzu stated, followed by a sinister laugh at the end. He tends to underestimate his opponents, then again; it is understandable for an elite assassin to misjudge.
His left hand and the tattoo on his left arm began to glow blue when large chunks of ice broke the earth below. They eventually would become the sizes of mountains, and all that the police officers could do was watch in horror. Navy blue, one police officer had a flamethrower in his hands—hoping to melt the ice down. "Stand back Danses and watch how a pro does it." Said a police officer.
The police officer was youthful who had a deep voice and was known for his arrogance. Upon pulling the trigger, his body was blown back from the sheer force of the ice.
"Good pro move, Hex." Gabriel scoffed, pulling Hex's hand to make him stand. Despite being enrolled in the police force, Hex is only twenty-three years old. A man that gets his feeling hurt, Hex dusted his clothes in shame; since his flamethrower didn't melt the ice, while Fiona noticed something peculiar about Vaniguzu's ice. It didn't melt when Hex used the flamethrower, instead, it pushed him away. Could the ice be protected by something magical? Gabriel, being the most militant police officer on the force, pointed his dry finger at him.
"What in the hell did you put in your flames and ice, you sub-zero degenerate?"
"Not telling you."
Twirling his fingers smugly, flames of indigo surrounded them with the heat equivalent to the sun. Sweat started to accumulate on their foreheads, and Fiona was sensitive to the heat.
It wasn't that Fiona Foster likes to sweat profusely, she did but only when it came to working out, she had a terrible experience. She doesn't disclose it with anyone else but her brother; who has been missing for a while.
While she missed him the most, her number one priority was to get the day by. If her brother wanted to hide from his sister——Let him do it.
She swiped her forehead profusely. Her partner, Gabriel, noticed her. "You okay?" He asked, he placed his left hand one on her shoulders.
She shook her hand, "Yes, I'll be fine. A little bit of sweat isn't gonna drown me."
"Yet you looking like mangled up shit that was left in the sun."
He shut his mouth after his partner gave him the most vicious death stare in existence.