VOL.2: Chapter Petnaest

Chapter 47———REGAL SKIN
———————————————————————————

When a lion hungers, a pack of lionesses will not stop until it gets what it wants: Food.
A lioness isn't cruel——But its mindset is.
Yami Shinra was the same until that fateful day.
Her ambition knew no bounds and she was molded to be this cruel matriarch of the Shinra Empire. When she finally made her plans to kill Chief Apex, Yami was sure that everyone would go to plan.
That is when she knew—she messed up.
Her assassin, Vaniguzu, was getting jumped by two of the students. Kemp Kingsley and Takeo Fukuazan before being taken away as a hostage. Yami did not need him.
Her trusted general, Beowulf only stood there in shock and covered in the blood of her ex. Brandon Lewis wasn't dead, and that made Yami more disappointed in her.
Elijah has also been captured by Armando Ayala and her hired killer, Infusco, was nowhere to be seen.
Her plan was ruined...Until she thought of something. Yami touched her forehead, smiling as if she had gotten a large scoop of ice cream.
This is a prototype that I have on my forehead. Why have a prototype when you don't try it out? She asked herself before readying to fight Sora, who still had a small ounce of fight left in him.
With a simple touch, Yami smiled viciously at him and was covered in the same cocoon. Only, darker and bleak, reminiscent of her wish to bring her father back to the dead.
The cocoons range from different arrays of colors but all have something in common: an upside-down version of a heart. It was more of a surprise to her.
You never know what you're gonna get...
Either the False Bonder will either become a horrifying monstrosity or a slight to behold. As soon as Shinra got out of her cocoon, she too became a slight to behold.
The Regalia Husk was meant to be the man-made version of Heart-Bonds, to become a god without the usage of a Heart—or Corheimr.
Her eyes were now a mint green color and inverted, reminiscent of an old-world—seeking to be begotten. Her suit was as black as the abyss, with large, silver, pointed shoulder pads. The top of her suit is open to reveal her open chest as well the sides of her hips. Shinra's long white hair has bangs parted to either side of his face now. She had also gained feather-like horns on her head, akin to that of a Venezuelan Poodle Moth.
Her face was beleaguered with pink half circle-like symbols. Her white one wing, however, was marvelous to watch it unfold itself. Her appendages' texture was leathery, maybe smooth to the touch rather than coarse and rough. The heels Shinra wore earlier also transformed; as they were now golden and seemed delicate.
At first, Yami wanted to make sure the process had been completed, she touched her face. She felt nothing. The next thing she did was to her head, she felt it—the new horns she acquired.
She smiled with glee and began examining it. Her body, as well her new powers. "So this is the power of a Heart-Bond...Ryoji Kazama and Jordyn Himasaki are blessed to have this...gift..." Yami marveled, cracking her neck one time to prepare for Round 3.
Wait. How does she know about Ryoji?! All of that is classified information?! Brandon fretted as he readied himself.
Beowulf and Vaniguzu retreated to the platoon that was waiting upon the crags, Yami looked at her best friend as she began speaking.
"I won't kill Ryoji Kazama...He's no good to me dead." She blatantly stated, followed by her pointing out, "It feels good to read minds: It makes it easier for me to win!!" Her newfound power to read minds left her speechless. Picked up on the thoughts of Sora Minami left her wondering for more needs to eavesdrop on.
Sora felt her coming towards him now, albeit barely. She was faster than him, smarter than him, and stronger than him currently. If only he had a potion on him: Then he could transport all of his students away from here.
Where could she at right now?! Sora wondered, feeling the fast gusts brushing his face while she landed blows on him. She's unpredictable—she's even changing her attack patterns!!! His mind was blown away, if Sora could use the Psycho Read Just then he would have the upper hand.
I need time to do the Spells, yet she can read me like an open book now. If she will keep up—As long she wears the Regalia Husk: She's invincible.
Eventually, the gusts have stopped.
Only to feel his back stinging mildly before the pain turned very severe. He immediately laid on his stomach and screamed in pain.
"Shit!" He groaned louder, he couldn't feel a thing. His fellow associates couldn't do anything but observe. I need to help Sora! I need to help him. Brandon clenched his fists in frustration, his eyes showed worry.
"Truly magnificent!! One little swing from my sword has damaged the nerves on your spinal cord!! Truly, this has been delightful." She marveled, handling her sword in two hands to test the balance of Masamune. So one swing did that much damage?! Beowulf thought. When the scientists created the Regalia Husk for two months, Beowulf didn't think much of it. She rather was unsure of what its true potential could be, she believed the performance of the metal weapon would be rather..underwhelming. Now? She desired to have her own Regalia Husk. "Well, now Sora Minami. I enjoyed a brief duel with one of the top heroes of the N.U.S.N., but enough with childish games. I am here for two things—Ryoji  Kazamaand the inevitable death of Chief Apex...Today has been your lucky day." She grabbed his head and continued. "I'll keep you alive if you tell me his location. I know he is here somewhere in the Gardens, Mr.Minami, I need to know where he is." Shinra calmly ordered him to give up the location. And unfortunately for Sora: he didn't know. He shook his head quickly. "I'm not telling you—ARGH!!"
He cried in agony as Yami drove her blade Masamune was in his chest now, just a few centimeters from his heart. When her blade was up, the students could see their dear teacher in agony.
She raised her massive katana in the air and raised to where she could poke him in the heart. One more stab and I'm done for... Sora agonized it, his devastating loss. He would sacrifice his love to save millions.
He did not want to make it known that "Heroes can still lose". His dying religion made him weak.
"I guess you do want to be a quadriplegic for the rest of your days?!"
All of this hard work...Just to die with my students fearing for their lives.
What Sora forgot about the same ideals all those years ago when he was a kid: Surwick never accept defeat.
What's this sudden energy? Yami thought, coming to a halt with her blade.
That moment was her big mistake to date. She was slow in killing Sora.
Shinra felt her left-right side of her snow-white face being pushed to her mouth by an insanely strong punch, followed by someone yelling from the bottom of her heart, a girl with incredible potential.
"IMMMPPPAAACCCTTT!!!!!!!!!!!" Yami was pushed back from this strong attack inflicted on her face, falling a few times before landing on her feet. She couldn't see who it was who landed that ferocious strike because of her hair covering her face. I feel as if all of my teeth had been broken apart...What is this holy strength? Is this girl also a Heart-Bond?
Akina came just in the nick of time, barely in her form as Beri was there as well and Cecilia.
Sora pondered on why he hasn't reached the afterlife. Wait, why am I still alive? I feel like I'm slipping but I don't feel my imminent death coming.....He thought, opening his eyes and smiling under his mask. Okay, Willoby. Show me them what you got... His mind went blank as Cecilia took him into a safe place where the students were also there with Bubble-Dive.

his Omni-Scanner booted up and began the process.
His scanner read:
Accessing...Accessing...Initializing Operation SYSTEM......50% OF BODY DOWNLOAD COMPLETE....75% COMPLETE......BODY DOWNLOAD COMPLETE...
......................................
AKINA WILLOBY
[Vitals] ***Fine***
[Power Level] ***Oustanding***
[Magic Level] ***Low***
[Aether Level] ***Low***
[OVERALL] ***Low  Threat***
.....................................

That power level stat is on the outstanding side? I shouldn't be surprised how well you perform in the Cult Takeover Exam.
However, Aki—you struggle on the magical side of fighting: Your levels on both magic and Aether are low, Akina. You ain't no wizard...Maybe that's why you're so pale..... Beri analyzed her more before moving to the main event. Anyways...Let's read up more on you, Emperor Palantine-wannabe thot.
....................................
YAMI SHINRA
[Vitals] ***Splendid***
[Power Level] ***Oustanding***
[Magic Level] ***Oustanding***
[Aether Level] ***Oustanding***
[OVERALL] ***Severe  Threat***
....................................
Oh shit, shit...His mind was spiraling out of control.
Why in God's name would she punch the living lights out of Yami Shinra?!
MY EMPRESS!!!!" Beowulf yelled out from the mountain. Her voice can be heard from Yami
She wanted to check on her—to tend to Yami if she needed any tending but her Empress refused it. One scornful glance of an owner will make their pet dog feel frightened, as Beowulf was Yami's loyal dog. Stay back. Beowulf could understand her friend from a safe distance, yet—it was unusual of Shinra to act like this towards her childhood friend.
Akina was silent. She looked at the Empress with determination and fright, how her actions could lead to her demise.
Maybe she regretted that punch.
Maybe she didn't.
All that Akina knew was that she was in a lot of shit now: She managed to get the attention of an empress.
"Not much of a talker, are you? A strong, silent girl." Yami asked her enemy casually. She saw her as a plaything rather than a genuine threat, dragging her sword across the ground.
She tilted her head. "No...You're more....of a scared little girl who doesn't know what you're doing. That punch you threw, you punched more than above your weight. You have to be...a Heart-Bond."
Akina said nothing to her enemy, small talk was never really her thing.
Yami looked confused, she stopped dragging her blade and sheathed it again.
"Something...more natural than a Heart Bond...Am I scary to you, little girl?" She asked in a more threatening tone, pulling her sword again to heat her blade. Her sheath for her Masamune was a magical sheath made by ancient leather that could heat swords to unbelievable temperatures.
"You're not scary," Akina revealed her true thoughts. "You're just a bully who loves to hurt people for the hell of it." Her hair rose, even more, her hair transformed into a bright pink like before. "And I hate bullies."
Those three words said by the other protagonist of the story made the empress lunge at her opponent before fire nearly consumed Yami and made Akina jump a farther distance away from her.
"Back the hell away from her, this isn't her fight. It's our fight." A voice said close to Yami as the flames on her quelled down.
A flame......That burns brighter than all. Is that him? Yami got her hope as it was indeed Ryoji Kazama, the boy she was looking for this time.
"I'm the Heart-Bond you want, right? I'm glad to finally meet you in person. Just finally meeting  someone like you makes me sick to my stomach."
They met once before.
One was an assassin who fired the killing blow to a father, now a student hoping to do what is right.
Another was a kind princess who never wanted to kill a fly, now wielding a bloody sword and a terrible vendetta towards her father's killer.
Years later and they finally meet once again.
The only difference was that Yami had no idea that Ryoji was her father's killer and he was stuck with the burden of killing her father
Hopefully, it goes well with them...

———Track 47 Ended———

CHARACTER PROFILE:
VILLAIN: YAMI SHINRA (22)
UNRIVALED AMBITION
BIRTHDAY: 1/17
HEIGHT: 5'7
LIKES: Elijah, Her dead father
DISLIKES: Snow (Reminds her of her mother who walked away from her at a young age during the winter
Threat Level: Alpha-Level (Do Not Approach)

THE INSIDE STORY:

The great Empress of the Shinra Army, Yami Shinra is popular due to her ambition, her beauty and her skills with the blade.
Her goals is to have world peace by having her use a totalitarian approach to it.
Will go a good length to achieve her goals but knows what lines to cross and lines not to cross.
Definitely not a pushover, even without the Regalia Husk can prove her ground against her foes.