Chapter Devet

Chapter 09—Dog Face
—————————————————————————
A few more blocks and the rag-tag group were soon to at Cade's room, using everything they can to achieve their goal in aiding Surwick. It was the basic rule of living: its to kill or be killed. The creatures known as Reapers could not be reasoned with or be avoided when one is backed up in the corner—these abominations hold true to their instincts.
A brainless predator that lives only to consume, consume, consume until there is nothing left to consume. Their existence has only been known to the public since 2012, but there is no more details of their culture or anything else about Reapers. They were truly to be feared.
Takeo came to a halt, just before they almost reached Cade's room. Many of his fellow peers were thinking the same thing: Why did he stop? Is something wrong?
He looked down as he began. "Hold up a second, before we all go in and risk our lives for these generators......" He pauses for a second, Ryoji and the company were thinking of what grievous question he wanted to inquire about something. Something extremely important, it seemed..
"What's a Mecha?" He asked, dumbfounded of what it was actually. Wait.....He's kidding, right? Cade marveled inside his mind. I mean, everyone has heard folktales about Mechas. Where did this guy even grow up at? Were you born yesterday or something?
You always know how to do or think the unexpected, eh, old friend? Funka looked at her friend with a slight smile.
"I seen Gundam and all that Anime shit, I just don't know what our Mechas are." The cold-hearted boy added further details for his compatriots, all seven of his fellow peers looked at him wild eyed.
Not knowing what a Mecha is and its purpose would prove that you are nothing more than a self-absorbed oaf. Reza did not have the best impression of him. He thought of him as an "oaf".
This was all, once again, evidence that Takeo Fukuazan did not care nor paid too much attention at History class. He believed that he could become the best without wits: only talent will he surpass everyone.
As a student who is on the A Honor roll, Reza throughly explained as simply and yet stern with him. "Alright then, Fukuazan, I will give you a little history about Mechas and why they're considered dangerous."
"The only thing that's going to be dangerous is this lecture you're about to give me."
"Are you threatening me?!" Reza was astonished of how Takeo was so different from the other kids; a kid who is filled of misanthropic tendencies to those that treated him and others foully, making him on the greater side of good. Screwing the law like a crook has its perks, but a con man or a kingpin will get caught in the long haul. Takeo's naïveté was absconded when he was a victim of racism because of his....curse. He pondered on why did people hate him exactly, even when they didn't even bother on knowing him. To him—it was as if they judge the boon by its cover and never the content inside of it.
How did you end being enrolled into the Surwick in the first place?!"
"Sorry. I'm on edge." Takeo apologized to Reza quickly. "Just don't make it too long." He agreed in Reza teaching him a thing or two about Mechas, before adding; "Or else we could get ambushed by a bunch of those...things and I wanna live to see another day." He folded his arms and waited for Reza.
Maybe I judged you too soon. There could be more about you than people perceive you how to be. Reza thought, he was a N.U.S.N. citizen who's been living in Avignon for all of his life, and there are stories about Takeo Fukuazan, the boy whose tantrum almost destroyed Avignon, Kurikami, and Windvoren in one night alone.
Reza cleared his throat and according to Reza, who had knew many things about the Ten Realms, Mechas were as old as time itself from a few theories. ZiON, a major pharmaceutical and research corporation have gathered information that Mechas were originally constructed during the olden days of India by the name of "Vimana". Yet, other researchers from other parties or from organizations disagree with ZiON, many claiming that the crumbling Roman Empire had thought of this vivid conception, or otherwise known as "Talos". But in order to manufacture these wondrous machines, it had to be fueled by large amounts of Aether, the life source of all living beings. This was a tricky thing to pull due to Aether harvest was a horrendous sin (presumably ten living beings powered one Mecha).
Mecha were mainly for war purposes, Vimanas could transform into Hindu inspired metal warriors and Talos can decimate small platoons with a faint swing of their renowned bronze sword. Finally, feudal Japan stole a Vimana and used it for their conquest. Eventually, more and more empires desired to have their own Mecha, to protect their homeland from the ever-looming threat the world was facing at the time.
To be exact: What was the threat?
Heart-Bonds. Sure, these days  they are extremely endangered species with specimen including Ryoji Dragomir Kazama and Jordyn Himasaki, but back then they were violent and blood-thirsty creatures. Creatures that wanted to terraform Mid-World and make it a slave-world of Corheim.
Recently, scientist and mechanic have been doggedly pursuing their dreams by fabricating and manufacturing Mecha, but none of them have been successful attempts.
It was mentioned earlier in the story—The Seoul Incident. That was an example of an attempt to recreate the old style Mechas.
"Do you understand what a Mecha is now?" Questioned Reza.
The demon weasel fox boy looked at him casually and said, "Nope. I still don't understand."
All of them were flabbergasted at the fact that Takeo didn't pay attention to Reza's lecture. He did not even bat an eye about the whole ordeal with Heart-Bonds. That lecture was summed up perfectly, it hit all of the good information. I spoke in a clear voice. I MADE sure that I spoke in a clear voice and still. Still he doesn't know what a Mecha is?! This guy is truly something else.....Completely else...Reza thought, perplexed at how the boy did not even blink nor paid attention to his comrades' faces, especially Reza's, which stems from he was used to prejudice and the people not understanding him completely. He truly did not give a care in the world of what people thought of him anymore.
He can't be that shallow. Or is he really so shallow? I kinda expected more than him to be more...thoughtful.. I mean, didn't he used to get ridiculed most of his life because of it? Sera murmured, making sure that no one heard her
The three-minute lecture gave a refresh on the history of Mechas, even Ryoji's mind was clear afterwards. The way the Assassin's Guild taught him about some history was completely muddled with In his opinion: The lines of truth and lie were obscured. Every deed done nowadays has an undertone to it. Most of assassins from Ravenskreig carried an ulterior motive with them no matter where they went, some wanted to decimate an entire population to consume their extinguished souls in the aftermath while others wanted to become mercenaries for the thrill of money. Now those were the worst kind of life-takers, being an unwilling assassin takes an extreme toll on one's conscience. The smooth, brown eyes of Ryoji Dragomir Kazama was reminiscing about the group he used to be part of, the group who would do everything beyond his power just to have them back again.
There was the seven of them, modeled after the Seven Deadly Sins—and Ryoji was the "personification" of wrath. He usually carried a calm and extremely mature air around him, using complex words and tactics to confuse his opponents in battle. But if he was enraged: None could escape his wrath, and his strength would increase tenfold.
Funka has placed her hand on Cade's shoulder, feeling deeply intimidated by her in the first place. Her father was nine other than Captain Molotov, a highly-esteemed hero in the N.U.S.N. To have her on the team was the holy grail. The new kid, Ryoji Dragomir Kazama, Cade was unfamiliar with. Then again: who is he to talk. It was Funka's combat prowess had both impressed and scared Cade Kikaishin, fighting like a punk and a professional fighter combined.
He would never want to get on her bad side... That is to be sure.
"So, what is your...what's its name again? Hold on; did you even tell us its name?" Questioned Funka, Cade chuckled sheepishly, which he followed by a sudden yet questionable answer, "It isn't a plant: it's not a living, breathing creature needs to eat in order to survive!" He started to wipe out some sweat off his forehead, this was the first indication that his room was nearby.
Ryoji objected, "On the contrary, they are indeed since they to consume numerous amounts followed him now as his dorm room was not even two minutes away from their current pace. "Inu—Inugann. Its name is Inugann."
"Dog-Face-e? It has a face of a dog-og?" Akina asked out of curiosity. She always loved the faces of dogs and wanted a pet dog since she was five but cannot due to Marcus being deathly allergic to them. There were hypoallergenic dogs she could get; it has been always been a struggle to take care of animals.
Love them yet has no experience to tend to.
"The name is pretty self-explanatory, Willoby." Sanda commented, his blonde hair got in the way as he then combed it to the back with his hand. It was not long after his insult, he was pulled by the side by Akina's unofficial partner, Funka, a quick pull of that. "Mind your tone with her, Shock Value! You should deflate your ego before it gets the best of you....Or else..." Funka threatened him in a sinisterly fashion, Ryoji wanted to stop her from potentially hurting him,yet; he was curious if this boy was either a pushover—like Cade from what he has seen thus far, or possessing a defiant voice. "Or else what? You gonna call your daddy to beat me up?" Him provoking Funka? Sanda knew right then and there—he messed up completely and utterly, observing the searing anger in his peers' eye and her hands were starting to heat up from her powers. Even her fingernails what were painted with effort were no more, revealing her natural black fingernails. They were quite nice and glossy, no one paid attention to her nails. Igneus was the only one who took a notice of it, screaming and yelling about it to Ryoji.
"Her actual fingernails are black?? They're black! Oh boy! They're so short! So black and burnished, too! Does that mean her pink flames isn't the same type as ours?" It was blatant, so official: Igneus has a nail fetish.
It isn't, Iggy...Her explosions are probably made of Nitro or something else entirely. Whatever is the case: She could be our biggest threat yet in achieving total redemption....
"And what about Akina? Is she a threat?" His Heart asked sorrowfully, he knew the answer to his question; fully aware that it was not one to shallow easily.
No..I admire her for her courage and her wits, but courage can get you so far if you're strong or know how to fight, and being quick on your feet doesn't even matter if you get beaten up effortlessly.....