Chapter 12

I VIKRAM I

"What? I didn't ask you to follow me here", she says looking at me like I'm stupid. I inwardly smile.

I was playing minecraft with Rudra and few others when I saw her. She was standing in the middle of the living room wearing a black top and jeans, looking sinfully beautiful. And when her eyes met mine, I did nothing to hold in the desire that I felt for her and I could say that she understood. And she wanted to run.

I couldn't help but steal glances at her, time to time. And could tell that she was aware of it from the way she fidgetted but she didn't look my way again until Remya joined her with two cans of sprite and they started for the main door.

As soon as she was out of view, I told the guys that I was taking a break and ignoring their groans, I made my way to the bonfire. I was heading there myself almost an hour ago when the guys asked me to join for a game. In a normal circumstance you won't be able to pull me away from a game, but desperate times call for desperate measures and I have to make some sacrifices here and there.

On my way to the main door, I almost got beer spilled on me twice. But somehow I maneuvered through the throng of people without any accidents. I could hear soft music as I neared the bonfire.

Meera and Remya were sitting with some guy and before I could think of an excuse to sit between the guy and Meera, he stood up and walked away. And without wasting a moment, I plopped down on the seat that he just vacated.

"Of course you did. Your eyes were begging me to follow you here before you walked out of the house. And being the good boy that I am, I obliged", I say giving her an innocent look.

" You clearly read my eyes wrong. I was thinking, no praying that I wouldn't have to talk to you", she tells me looking annoyed. I know she isn't really annoyed even though she wants to be. What can I say, I have that effect on people. Chicks dig me. I'm irresistible. And now I sound like an asshole.

"You wound me, Meera. If I didn't know any better, I would've believed you. But we both know you are a liar", I say with a teasing smile.

" I'm not lying and I don't want to be part of this ridiculous conversation anymore", she says with her nose in the air.

"Stop lying to yourself, Meera. We both know you like me. I mean what's not to like, I'm handsome, charming, sexy, has beautiful hair-"

"- not to forget, arrogant, egoistic, too full of himself, annoying and I could go on forever", she says interrupting me.

"Exactly. I'm the perfect specimen, the ultimate package", I tell her proudly knowing my holier-than-thou attitude will piss her off.

"Oh! shut up. Why do I even bother. Don't you have any videogames to play?", she asks after giving Remya a glare when she chuckles. I wink at her over Meera's shoulder.

" So you were watching me", I state with a smirk. She just rolls her eyes at me making my smile widen. I glance at Karthi sitting across from us and he's looking at Meera and me with furrowed brows. Yup, he'll kill me if I ask her the next thing that I'm about to ask. I smile at him innocently before turning back to Meera and Remya.

"So Remya, I'm planning to go around town tomorrow. And I need a guide, someone who knows their way around this place. You up for it? Oh! And you can bring Meera along if you want", I say throwing Meera a nonchalant glance.

I hide my smile when she glares at me and then at Remya when she says, "sure, that'd be great. Meera would love to come. I mean we were planning to go shopping the day after tomorrow anyway. So why not tomorrow? We could take one of the cars. But you'll have to drive."