Chapter 43

I VIKRAM I

(Warning: The spoilers of the movie "A Walk to Remember" are mentioned in this chapter. So if you don't want to get spoiled, skip the parts that I've marked as a warning, using‼️sign.)

6.30 pm

Me: I just saw Karthi's car leave the building.

Meera: Yeah, they just left.

Me: Then why the hell aren't you at my place yet?

Meera: Don't get your panties in a twist, I'm heading up. And you better have  finished setting everything up for our date.

Me: We'll see whose panties will be in a twist by the end of the night.  And everything's been ready for the last 10 minutes. The only thing missing is you.

Meera: I'm not wearing any panties. and I'm on your floor.

FUCK!

She's not wearing any fucking panties?

How the fuck am I supposed to sit through 3 hours of the film with that kind of knowledge?

Doesn't she know I'm a hormonal teenager when it comes to her?

My heart fucking jumps out of my chest when I hear the doorbell ring suddenly.

Fuck, she's here!

Calm down, Vikram. She's your girlfriend now. You don't have to be so nervous anymore.

Yeah, that didn't work. My hands are sweating. For fuck's sake, get it together , Vikram. 

But I almost fucked up yesterday. I accidentally told her that I love her before I ended the call. I was in the middle of freaking the fuck out when she called back. So, I tried my best to act like an idiot, not that it was hard to do that, and pretended as if I didn't just say I love you to her for the first time over the phone.

When I realise that I still haven't opened the door, I quickly pat myself down, for whatever reason, I don't know. I check my reflection on door of my fridge. My five o'clock shadow is prominent. And I tied my hair in a bun with a tie, that I'm sure will end up on Meera's wrist by the end of the night.

My phone buzzes with a text as I stand there in the middle of my kitchen, fantasizing about Meera taking off my hair tie while she lays under me.

Meera: I'm at you door. Didn't you hear the doorbell?

Me: I was in the kitchen. I'll be right there. 

I place the phone on the kitchen counter before moving towards the door to open it.  And there she is, the object of my fantasies and the owner of my stupid heart. I sounded cringey and disgusting just now, didn't I? Maybe I read too much romance like Meera says. I should also stop searching for 'different ways to woo your girlfriend', on google.

I'm turning into an idiot, these days. One might argue it's cute, but I beg to differ. I disgust myself. Not that thinking about Meera is disgusting, it is disgusting, but in a good way, if you know what I mean. But what I am saying is that I'm turning into everything that I teased Karthi about, when he started going out with Shraddha. If he heard half the shit that I come up with when I think about Meera, he'll not let me live it down.

Meera is pretty as a flower, dressed in a loose fitting sundress that reaches her knees. My eyes scan her, from head to toe, taking in every detail, before they stop on her face. Her eyes are on my body, as they haven't finished their perusal. When her eyes finally meet mine, I let a smile free and I see the most gorgeous smile bloom on her face. And there goes my heart, beating out of it's damn cage. She makes it come to life. See? I'm disgusting. And I'm sure that I'm sick. Because there's no other way that I would think up something that corny.