✟~₣ØɄⱤ~✟

The night before the party, Ciel awoke from a nightmare, trembling from fright. It was another nightmare about being overpowered by an Alpha. Sebastian knocked and appeared on only five minutes. He seemed out of breath as if he ran, and he alphas scent was stronger in a protective way.

"Young master?" Sebastian worried. "Is everything ok? I smelled your scent and thought someone had broken in."

Ciel rubbed his teary eyes and sniffles angrily, "It's nothing just a bad dream. I'm fine."

"You sat that, but your scent gland says something different." Sebastian stepped closer. Ciel flinched and the butler froze, afraid to startle him. "I'm gonna assume your nightmare was about an Alpha?"

Ciel stayed silent, avoiding eye contact with the Alpha. Sebastian sighed and asked, "Would it be okay if I comforted you? It is my job to make you feel safe."

Ciel stared at Sebastian, trying to see if he was pulling any tricks, but all he saw was concern. The teen nodded, and Sebastian released a calming pheromone.

"I can hardly smell it from all the way over there. You can come closer." Ciel allowed, swinging his legs to the side of the bed and sitting up.

Sebastian took a deep breath and moved slowly, waiting for his master's order to stop; however, he managed to move directly in front of him without being told to move away. Sebastian was trying to be as careful as he could, not wanting to seem threatening, but it was hard to read Ciel's expression when he continued to stare at the floor.

"Better, young master?" Sebastian asked, trying to peek at his face.

Ciel nodded, taking deep breaths to inhale as much of the pheromones as he could. He muscles began to ease, but he was missing the touch to fully settle down. After a long sigh, he looked up at Sebastian with a mixture of embarrassment and sadness. Sebastian had to hold back more than usual seeing that face.

"C-Can I borrow your jacket for tonight?" Ciel asked, cheeks reddening from shame.

"Of course, young master. Anything to make you feel safe." Sebastian slid off his coat and handed it to his master.

Ciel placed the coat behind him and stood. Suddenly, he threw his arms around the Alpha's neck trying to suppressed his rising trembling.

"I'm scared to attend my cousin's party. My scent is getting stronger which means I'm due for my heat anytime soon!" Ciel vented, digging his face into Sebastian's scent gland. "What if I start my heat at the party? All those Alphas will...will..."

Sebastian hushed him, returning the embrace sweetly. He released waves of a calming suppressant as he stroked Ciel's hair.

"Remember why the earl hired me, sir. I am here to protect you." Sebastian reminded, leaning his head slightly back for Ciel to breathe more of his pheromones.

After Ciel calmed down, the Omega pulled back and stared Sebastian in the eyes. They weren't judgmental or smug, they were caring. It was almost shocking how gentle and restrained he was.

"Feeling calm now, young master?" Sebastian asked, keeping his arms around Ciel incase he needed more comfort.

Ciel really wanted Sebastian to stay, but he couldn't just invite him into the bed with him. It would be too improper.

"Stay in the room until I fall asleep." Ciel ordered, sliding back into bed.

"Yes, young master."

Ciel clung to Sebastian's coat, inhaling the Alpha's musk left on it. In a matter of minutes, the Omega fell asleep, this time dreaming of the Alpha that gave him his coat.

Sebastian stayed for a couple minutes longer to admire the sleeping boy. He felt mountains of sympathy for Ciel, and the man couldn't help but reach over and brush the hair out of the sleeping Omega's face. Sebastian wanted to hold him and protect the fragile teen; however, he held back so Ciel could sleep.

As Sebastian left the room, he whispered sweetly, "Goodnight, Ciel."

~•~•~•~~•~•~•~~•~•~•~~•~•~•~

If you had to choose between being Ciel's enemy or being Alois' maid, which would you choose?

This is a hard one. Being Ciel's enemy would kill me, but being Alois' maid would probably be torture. Ciel's enemy I think, cause I do not want my eye to be clawed out!

Toodles~