Chapter Forty-Seven

Danielle woke up due to her phone constantly vibrating along with her watch. She groaned and rolled over to answer it.

It had been another sleepless night, Stefania complained she couldn't sleep, then she was too hot, then she was too cold, yelling at Danielle to cuddle her then pushing her off her, constantly getting up to pee.

By 9am Danielle had about 3 hours sleep all night.

She looked at her phone and noticed three missed calls from Colby, she quickly ran out of the room to call him back.

"Hey hey sorry, what's up? What's happened?" She asked as soon as he answered.

"Nothings wrong, don't panic" he laughed.

"Well you rang me three times" she whined.

"I know I know. So you love your nephew very much yes?"

"Yes?" She questioned.

"You wanna babysit for a few hours? As you know we've been looking for a house, and the one that we really want has offered us a meeting" he asked hopefully.

Danielle let out a groan, in reality all she wanted to do was sleep, "Sure bring him over"

She quickly showered and got dressed, on queue there was a knock at the door.

"Hey little man" Danielle cooed taking the baby from his father.

"Where's Stef?"

Danielle gave him wide eyes and a tight lip smile "Sleeping"

"Rough night?"

"Don't get me started" Danielle sighed.

"Gotcha" he laughed "Okay so here's his bag, he hasn't long been fed so try him in three hours but if he's hungry there's two bottles in his bag.... Yeah it's all there" Colby danced nervously

"Okay great" She smiled.

"You got this, please tell me you got this?" He laughed.

"Yeah we'll be fine won't we bambino"

The baby blubbered at Danielle drool falling down his chin.

"Okay cool, call me if you need anything. We should be back in a few hours" he quickly kissed the baby and Danielle before running back to his car.

"Right buddy, I don't know what we're doing" She whispered to the baby. "What do babies like to do? We can watch tv? Or we can go for a walk? Or maybe we can..." and with that Hugo burst out crying, his cry's filling the house.

"Oh shit, please don't cry little guy" Danielle rocked the baby trying to get him to stop crying, she quickly grabbed the monkey teddy out of his bag, his eyes lit up, "Okay so you like mr monkey huh?"

Danielle decided it was probably best to take him out of the house for an hour, let the hormonal pregnant Italian sleep for a little while longer.

She found his grey Winnie the Poo pramsuit and dressed him before putting a jacket on herself and made their way out the door.

"Okay little guy, let's go for a walk"

They walked around the neighbourhood, "Hey look at the little birdie" Danielle stopped and pointed at the little robin in the tree, they continued walking, Danielle pointing out all the different things. They stopped by the field to watch a group of kids training before making their way back home.

Once they arrived home, she made a pot of coffee and sat on the couch with Hugo, he had fallen asleep on the way back and was sleeping peacefully in her arms.