insomnia

[ couple au ]
[ eddy x brett ]
[ context: the couple were working late, and brett couldn't fall asleep. eddy finally found a solution to that. ]

It was 2am at night, and both Brett and Eddy were working into the night, replying to emails and doing some paperwork about ideas on the next video. The past few hours were intense for the couple, as they were staring at screens for three consecutive hours non stop and they were quite tired. It was then Eddy decided to get up from his seat and get himself a cup of chamomile tea to have himself stay hydrated during work.

Eddy gazed back and saw Brett, who was intensely focused and typing furiously on his laptop. Poor little thing. He was so hardworking, and determined, that he did not allow himself to rest for even just a little while although he's visibly tired. But soon after a while, Brett decided to call it a day. He was quite tired and he couldn't quite maintain his stamina right now.

Brett then shut off his laptop, and he headed to his and Eddy's shared bed and plopped onto it. He closed his eyes tight, trying to fall asleep, but he can't for some reason.

Damn, is it my insomnia again? Why is it always coming at the wrong time?

And so, Brett decided to reach out to Eddy, who was in the living room right now, hoping that he wouldn't be too busy to ignore him.

Brett tapped Eddy's back.

"Eddyyyyy~" whispered Brett, tugging his sweater.

"Hm?"

"I can't sleep." said Brett, and Eddy inhaled deeply. Eddy looked at the pile of work, waiting to be completed. It's not that much left anyways, and I'm starting to feel tired too. Well, I should call this a day then. And so, Eddy shut off his laptop and cued Brett to sit on his lap.

"Come here," said Eddy as Brett immediately popped his head onto Eddy's broad chest, inhaling the soft scent of white musk on his sweater which soothes him down almost immediately. Albeit so, Brett still couldn't soothe himself probably due to the piling stress of work and practice, or even his problems that are stuck inside his head.

Eddy gazed down at his boyfriend, eyes closed but still trying to fall asleep. He couldn't help but to feel sorry for Brett. He was trying hard to fall asleep, but he failed to do so. Wondering what to do, he tapped his chin deep in thought. He knew that Brett's insomnia is one of his challenges, since he knew that he was not good at offering people with comfort or putting others to sleep.

But little did he know, to Brett, Eddy is one of the biggest reasons why he was able to sleep. Eddy is his everything, his love, the reason why he is living today, his best friend and his light of life. He felt safe and secure, free from harm and everything once he was with Eddy.

Gazing at the poor boy, who was still trying to sleep, Eddy suddenly had an idea.

"Brett," asked Eddy. "You want something to drink? Except bubble tea?"

Brett pouted at the announcement that he couldn't drink bubble tea. Eddy internally giggled at how cute he is when he was pouting.

"Then I'll make you some warm chamomile and honey tea." said Eddy. "My mom used to make me this and I still love drinking it up to this day. You should try this too."

Brett nodded as he gazed at his boyfriend trying to make two cups of steaming tea for both of them. He rested his chin on Eddy's shoulder, looking and anticipating in the process of how Eddy made the tea. It was relatively simple, as it requires only a few simple steps.

Eddy gave a cup to Brett, and he drank it slowly. Brett loved how it wasn't piping hot, but it was a little warmer than lukewarm which made him feel cozy and soothing inside. He smiled at the warm sensation that is slowly overtaking his body.

"That's nice," said Brett. "Maybe you should make some more some time."

Eddy smiled and pinched his cheeks, admiring how cute and clingy he could be if he can. Brett rarely shows this side to the audience, but Eddy loves it when Brett showed this side of himself to him. That was also one of the qualities of Brett that got Eddy attracted to him.

Brett closed his eyes once again, his head on Eddy's shoulder, tasting the aftertaste of the chamomile tea made by his boyfriend in the back of his tongue as well as the warm sensation of his stomach. Along with Eddy's warm chest, and his warm breath against his neck, all these gave Brett the perfect opportunity to fall asleep, in which he did.

Minutes later, he was dead asleep in Eddy's arms.

Eddy was still watching videos in his laptop when he heard soft snores from his shoulder. He stopped and turned to realise Brett was sound asleep in his chest, slightly drooling over his sweater. He smiled at his boyfriend, admiring how cute he is and how lucky he was to have a boyfriend like Brett for himself.

"My poor baby, you must have been so tired," said Eddy, stroking Brett's soft hair. "Sorry, it should be hard for you to keep staying here waiting for me after a long day of practice and work."

Slowly and carefully, Eddy scooped Brett up, in bridal style, as making sure that he would not wake his boyfriend, and walked back to their shared room, with Brett in his embrace.

Aish, this babe. Really, why can he sleep so well, even if I lift him up all the way from the living room back to our bedroom? But he must be tired as he worked so hard and was practicing very hard today. He maintained the same state for the past few days and it was no surprise that he was that tired. It's okay, Brett. Just have all the sleep you need and rest well, because you deserve it.

Eddy slowly removed the glasses from Brett's face, and covered him up with a thicker blanket as the weather was getting colder and colder as the night gets deeper and deeper. He left a kiss on his forehead as well, before leaving the room once again to take a shower.

After 20 minutes, Eddy got out from his shower and got changed into a set of comfier clothing for himself to sleep in. He got into bed, only to feel Brett's arms wrapping around him and snuggling close to himself, like a koala, and continued to sleep, maintaining the same posture. Eddy smiled at the sensation, as he sensually wrapped his arms around Brett, and brought him closer to his chest.

He smiled, knowing that he has a whole new remedy for Brett to cope with his insomnia, as well as the thought on how peacefully he was sleeping right now, under his wing. And it was minutes later, Eddy fell asleep himself too, with Brett still in his arms, cuddling close. Because, albeit asleep, both are still in love with each other, and that's all that matters.