matchmaker

[ parent au ]
[ eddy x brett ]
[ synopsis: brett and eddy helped one of their best friends to get together with his crush. however... it is not brett and eddy who did the honours...]

3rd person pov:
It is almost Valentine's Day, but Brett and Eddy are planning to have a little simple dinner at home to spend it instead. Luckily, Brett didn't minda single bit because as long as he was with Eddy, he is happy. Most importantly, every day is just more or less the same if Eddy is next to him. Of course, along with his three darlings, Aaron, Chloe and Devon.

It has been 5 years since they were married, occasions like these didn't really matter much to them anymore. The couple didn't wish much, but simply just to wish for happiness and eternal love and care among this little joyous family they shared together.

However it was then plans changed, when Eddy received a call from one of his best friends, Ray...

"Hello Ray!" said Eddy. "What's up!"

"Ehh Eddy?" asked Ray, hesitantly. Only then Eddy heard Ray shuddering and feeling nervous on the other side of the phone. "Can you do me a little favor? I'm quite scared..."

Eddy thought of it for a while, wondering what made Ray so nervous. However, if it was not for Ray who introduced Brett to Eddy, he would not have the life he is living in now. So he was grateful for Ray and decided that he should lend him a helping hand. Besides, he has known Ray since he was a kid and he wanted to help him out given that he didn't really help him that much.

Brett, after putting Devon to sleep, joined Eddy in bed when he oversaw Eddy talking on the phone with Ray.

"Rayyyyyyy!" said Brett, as he joined Eddy in bed as Eddy wrapped his arms around Brett while propering him up properly in his chest in return. "What's the matter?"

"So... I'm very sorry to disrupt your plans on Valentine's Day, but I was wondering if you're free that day?" asked Ray hesitantly. "I can't seem to pick the perfect date for this, but I think so far Valentine's Day is the best option. I think I need a helping hand from you guys..."

Eddy paused for a moment. Helping hand? Valentine's Day? Perfect date? Everything seems juicy. But all he knew was that Ray was crushing on Eddy's childhood best friend, Justine. He had once set both Ray and Justine up on a date and it turned out both of them have immense chemistry that cannot be measured by others. Brett and Eddy would sometimes comment on how nice Ray and Justine would end up together as a couple, unlike his ex who just treated him like crap. Eddy smiled from the bottom that he knew Justine is the right girl for Ray. He knew this.

His eyes then turned as wide as saucers in a split second, to finally realise what Ray was going to do.

HE IS FUCKING GOING TO CONFESS! FUCKING FINALLY!

Brett, with a talent in seeing the future, immediately led out a fangirl shriek when he realised what Ray was planning on.

"Dude! Hell yea!" said Brett. "Of course we are here to help you! I'm actually quite surprised that you finally worked up your guts to say something when it is obvious that Justine likes you back. And yea! We're okay on this day"

"But don't you guys need to celebrate Valentines' Day?" asked Ray.

"You have helped me once to match me with Brett, and I'm very happy with this. Now it should be my turn to help you out." said Eddy. "It's okay, don't worry. I know the exact solution to this."

"Why, thank you man!" said Ray. "I'm sorry for being selfish as I shouldn't be crashing on Valentines' just to fulfill my wish"

"No," said Brett. "We don't mind at all. You have helped us once with our relationship and we should help you out in return."