1

The streets of Incheon were empty that night, the asphalt and sidewalk covered by puddles left from the heavy rain that had just stopped; It was two in the morning and in the dark, cold streets only the lampposts and 24/7 stores could light up the place, the quiet of the night was disturbed by the sound of running and laughing as the two girls ran beside each other in the sidewalk.  

"You know, It's too late to be running around." Soojin told Shuhua who was now running in front of her with a bottle of soju in hand, she was too young to drink but that isn't stopping her, she was never one to follow rules and Soojin could never say no to her.

Not when the smile she has right now is so full of life and makes Soojin just as happy. 

"I own this city." Shuhua replied as she spinned with her arms wide open and Soojin laughed because in a way it was true. "I do what I want!"

"Yeah but I have classes in a few hours." Soojin replied, losing speed and Shuhua did the same.  "If I sleep in class because I spent the night fooling around,  my teacher will lecture me." She eventually stopped and leaned against the lamppost while Shuhua fully turned around to look at her, a frown between her eyebrows. 

"He's giving you a hard time? I can get him fired-" 

"What did I say about threatening my teachers?" Soojin asked before gesturing for the younger to come to her and so Shuhua did, wrapping her arms around her waist. "You can't fire people just like that."

"I can if they're mean to you."

"Well, they have lives and families to take care of, remember?" Shuhua pouts but eventually nods, Soojin always tries to be firm with her, especially after the last time she got one of her teachers fired for giving her too much homework, after all it wasn't like her parents gave her any limits. "Now, don't pout like that-" Soojin poked her sides and Shuhua laughed trying to move away with no success.

"JinJin!-" Soojin smiled at the nickname, Shuhua gave her that nickname on Soojin's 12th birthday, along with several gifts that she ended up sharing with the other kids in the orphanage. "Stop it-"

"Promise you'll behave?"

"I promise! I promise!" Shuhua laughed before Soojin let her go. "Speaking of which, Miyeon-ah will come to spend the weekend with us." 

"No bickering over the wine bottles." Soojin quickly warned and Shuhua raised her hands in surrender; The two of them had the habit of staying past midnight for 'Wine Tasting' when everyone was asleep and despite Miyeon being older than the both of them, Soojin still behaved like the responsable one. 

Cho Miyeon was the closest thing they had from an older sister, and she was also the heir of one of the most rich and influential families in Incheon, the family was famous not to mention surrounded by nasty rumours when it comes to how they make money, The head of the Family, Cho Minjun, was known to be a ruthless type of man, the complete opposite of Miyeon who was known to be gentle and kind, Soojin knew many people looked down on Miyeon for that. 

Unfit to take care of family business. Is what they would say. 

From what Shuhua had told her, The Cho and The Yeh have been friends ever since they came from Taiwan to South Korea when she was a small child and Shuhua had known Miyeon for all of her life, she wishes she had known that the weekend the Cho came over would change their lives forever. 

[...]

They made their way back to the car while Shuhua is singing one of her favorite songs and Soojin hummed along as she drives them back to the mansion, She was never adopted by the Yeh however she lived with them ever since she left the orphanage months ago as a late birthday gift to Shuhua.