15

"Be careful!" Soojin said, watching Shuhua make her way up the tree with this mischievous look on her face, they've decided to spend that one birthday on the farm, and Shuhua wanted to climb every tree and ride a horse by the end of the afternoon; Soojin, on the other hand, had to make sure she'll stay alive by the end of the day, Shuhua already has a band-aid on her hand after trying to jump a fence instead of using the door like an average person would. "You'll fall!"

"Relax!" Shuhua yelled back, looking around; The view was breathtaking and she took everything in, the clear blue skies and the green fields put a smile on her face. "When I'm grown, I'll live here and ride a horse daily!"

Soojin crossed her arms.

"There's no wi-fi connection here and you know that; How are you gonna watch your dramas?" Shuhua seemed to think about that and Soojin smiled. "Come on now, get down."

"Fine." Shuhua rolled her eyes before she gasped and Soojin quickly moved closer, afraid she would fall.

"What?"

"There's a cool-looking tree nearby!" Shuhua said before finally making her way down, Soojin helping her once her hands could reach her, once she was on the ground the girl didn't hesitate to grab Soojin's hand and drag her along the field. Soojin only sighed while letting the other do whatever she wanted.

Being with Shuhua was accepting they would do several activities in less than 30 minutes, and that she might need to use the band-aid box in her backpack at least twice that day; They stopped once Shuhua managed to spot the tree she saw up there, and Soojin frowned at how weird it looks, covered with what look to be blueberries, however, they were dark like the night sky, spreading all over the branches and almost touching the ground.

"Wow! So weird and Cool!" Shuhua ran to get closer, and Soojin failed to stop her only managing to awkwardly run after her.

"Shuhua! Don't get close, what if it's poisonous" Soojin warned as the other stopped in front of the tree, Shuhua chuckled and rolled her eyes.

"It's not poisonous!"

"How do you even know that!" Soojin said. "You failed at the Church Camp trip after trying to eat a random mushroom!" She poked her shoulder.

"Exactly! Appa wouldn't plant something that would kill me here" She moved closer, grabbing one with her fingers tips.

Being with Shuhua also meant making sure she could survive to make it into her 20s.

"But if it makes you feel any better, I won't eat it. Just look at it" She smiled at Soojin before picking another one. "It's pitch black!" She showed them to Soojin who held them hesitantly before she hold them before Shuhua's face who raised her eyebrows. "What?"

"Round and Dark." Soojin comments. "Matches your eyes"

Shuhua blushed before looking at the tree and Soojin tilted her head to the side, confused by the sudden silence.

"This gonna be the Shuhua tree now then. The younger announced.

"You can't claim the tree-"

"Yes I can, it's my property." Shuhua put her hands on her hips. "You're just jealous there's no Soojin tree"

"Yeah, Yeah..."

xxx

Miyeon didn't care much about the farm, she barely visited it so Soojin wasn't surprised by the state it was when they arrived, the grass had overgrown everywhere, and the house in the distance, was showing how much time had passed and how neglected it was by its owners; After the Yeh's deaths and with Soojin having no intention of going back to the main mansion or taking care of family business, most of the staff was laid off and so there was nobody to take care of things.