31

TW: INTERNALIZED HOMOPHOBIA, USE OF SLURS.

Soojin looked at the neon letters at the front of the building, The muffled song coming from the inside as some people still hung out on the sidewalk, talking to each other– Eve's Garden it's what the neon letters say, with a cocktail glass at the end that had Soojin frowning as Shuhua stood next to her with a smirk on her face, hands on her hips as she looked around.

"Is it a women's nightclub?" The older asked, noticing the distinct lack of males around and the question got a chuckle out of the younger.

"You could say that," She replied. "One of the few that accepts foreigners too." She offered Soojin her hand. "Come on, let's get inside."

The woman nodded as she let Shuhua guide her inside the place; It was pitch black, but with purple and magenta lights here and there that gave it a special touch. Soojin noticed a lot of women dancing together on the dance floor and some by the bar as well– She looked at Shuhua who was looking around with a smile on her lips before looking down at her.

"So?" She asked loudly, hoping Soojin could hear her over the music playing. "What do you think?"

"Is nice," Soojin replied. "I'm not one for parties, you know that."

Shuhua placed an arm around her shoulder and pulled her closer.

"Come, let's find a seat and I'll order some drinks." She said as they walked through the crowd– Shuhua pointed at the empty seats, a circular black leather couch with red little cushions and a round table in front of it. The decoration on top of the table is white and purple flowers– That is the extension of Soojin's knowledge about plants. Their colors.

Shuhua guided her to sit on the middle of the couch before sitting down at her right, arm around her shoulder as she looked around; The music was now lower, so the older could hear the younger woman better.

"What do you want to drink?" She asked and Soojin frowned for a moment. "Anything special?"

"Soju?"

Shuhua blinked. "Soojin, we're in a nightclub. Let's try something new, yes?"

"That's the only drink I'm familiar with, that and beer." The woman replied– She knows that Shuhua had been taking one or two sips of wine back in the day, hidden from her parents and she wondered if she was still into wine. "Pick one for me."

"Alright, I'll go to the bar and get us something." She stood up and then turned to look at Soojin again. "Stay."

Soojin nodded before watching her go, Her eyes then focused on the dance floor as the women danced with each other, some attempted to talk through the song while others held their drinks in their hands– She wasn't lying when she said she wasn't the type to go partying, so she stayed on her seat without really knowing what to do when a black haired woman approached her.

She stood in front of her, wearing a black dress and high heels– She was beautiful, with jet-black hair tied up in a bun and brown eyes.

"Hello," She said, with an easy smile and Soojin gave back a tiny smile in return.

"Hello," She replied, suddenly she felt like a teenager with poor social skills again, while the beautiful woman in front of her seemed to find her shyness amusing.

"Sorry, I just..." The woman paused for a moment and looked at Soojin in a way she couldn't describe. "You look beautiful, I had to come talk to you." She smiled again and Soojin felt light something switched inside her brain.

The lack of men and the way the women were dancing together was now explained, and she felt her cheeks heat up for a moment– Thankfully the bar had terrible lighting, and the woman in front of her who was giving her a pretty smile, wouldn't notice it.