7

Soojin was sitting alone inside her car in the parking lot, drinking some coffee while her eyes were focused on the necklace she was holding on her hand, She always kept it with her, despite it being too expensive to be shown around like this, but Soojin always felt at peace carrying Shuhua's family symbol; She caressed the date of her birth on the back with her thumb, thinking back of when Hoetaek suggested putting the date of her passing away on it too but she denied.

If there isn't a date showing she was no longer around then Soojin could pretend for a few seconds that everything was ok; She kissed the symbol gently, closing her eyes. 

"I miss you." She thinks as she looks at the necklace again.

Yeh ShuHua.

06/01/2000

She should visit her grave soon. It's been a while since she did, last time she had placed some lavender near her grave, since those were her favorites.

"I told you not to come!" Soojin opened her eyes as she heard the distant bickering between Yuqi and Soyeon as they made their way towards her. "You got shot!"

"and I, as your superior, don't have to listen to anything you say." Soyeon replied and Soojin shook her head before putting the necklace into the front pocket of her shirt, and then glanced at the duo again. 

"I told you not to come!" Shuhua complained as she walked next to Soojin, a frown between her eyebrows. "You hurt your ankle!" 

"And I, as your unnie, Don't have to obey you." Soojin replies before she stops and looks at the younger one. "I'm fine, I can still practice. You worry too much." She squeezed Shuhua's cheek. "Besides, Our teacher already told me that I have to keep practicing."

Shuhua frowns, irritated and Soojin should've known she would do something about it; Of course she didn't expect, a week later, for Shuhua to get her teacher fired because he was being mean to Soojin. 

So until there was a new teacher, all Soojin could do was wait and rest in the meantime, just like Shuhua wanted.

And what she wants, she gets. 

"Why are you two bickering like an old married couple so early in the morning?" Soojin asked as both got inside the car and she started to drive, going to the address in the receipt they found inside the guy's jacket. 

"Soyeon shouldn't be here, she got injured in the field!" Yuqi argued, making the other roll her eyes.

"I already said I was fine, it barely hit me." She replied, casually crossing her arms and looking at Soojin. "Soojin however almost got her nose broken, and almost lost her possible model career."

"Very funny." The elder replied and then glanced at Yuqi through the rearview mirror. "If Soyeon said she's fine, then take her word, Kid." 

Yuqi didn't answer, only crossing her arms while Soyeon smirked and did the same to tease her.

Soojin focused on driving rather than on the two brats behind her, it was starting to rain so she was being extra careful, people in the sidewalks ran for shelter to escape the rain while others were lucky enough to have their umbrella with them, The woman was aware Yuqi and Soyeon were bickering behind her, she checked the rearview mirror again and saw Soyeon chuckling at something while Yuqi just looked annoyed; She was surprised by how close those two got in the past days. 

After minutes of driving, They finally arrived at the address; It was more like a Diner than anything else, and not that full either; The trio left the car and stared at the entrance for a second. The place had already put on halloween decorations despite it being months away.