10

"May I stand up?" The younger woman asked, still kneeling against the grass, hands touching the dead flowers in front of her as her face looked over her shoulder, up to the woman that had her at gunpoint; Despite the situation, she wasn't scared. "I'm not a criminal-"

"That's for me to decide." She pressed the gun harder against the side of her head, narrowing her hazel eyes at her. "Be thankful I'm asking questions first, and saving shooting for later." She added, taking a step back before gesticulating with the gun. "Get up."

She obeyed and stood up, keeping her hands up as to keep the other woman from shooting her; Soojin was an intimidating woman, despite their height difference, with her short black hair tied in a ponytail and red lipstick, it was a cool touch to the all the leather and black ripped jeans jacket aesthetic she had going on for her- and, yeah, there's also the fact she had a gun pointed at her.

"Who are you?"

"Sophie." The woman answered, quickly. "I was the person interested in buying the mansion, but you never contacted me-"

"So you decided to break into my property." Soojin accused her; Her hand was steady as she kept pointing the gun. "More reasons to get you shot." Soojin wasn't that much taller than her, but still knew how to make herself look tough and intimidating, the younger frowned a bit at the hint of a lisp on her words, very sighly but still there which is different from what she remembered.

"I was just curious how the place looks." The younger woman explained herself. "Since I was planning on buying it, I wanted to know where my money was going."

"I'm not selling it." Soojin interrupted her before looking at the woman up and down. "And you don't look canadian." or at least not how she imagined Americans looked like, the woman in front of her looked very different, much more similar to any Korean woman she had met before- Not that tall and with bangs almost covering her eyes, she could notice the silver contacts, there's also the fancy looking clothes, like the ones Miyeon used to wear back in the day.

"My grandparents were from here" She still looked too Korean for Soojin, there was no accent either, but she decided to make no comments about it and eventually lowered her gun, but still held it as she looked at her, which is probably one of her ways of showing her guard was still up. "The house is pretty despite everything-"

"I'm still not selling it, give it up."

"The house is falling apart, clearly you don't take care of it."Soojin pointed the gun at her again, this time she almost flinched but stared into her eyes- Soojin wouldn't shoot her, she knew that; If she wanted to get her shot, she would have done it already. So much for her bad cop reputation.

"How I take care of my house is none of your business." She gesticulated with the gun again and the younger woman crossed her arms. "Now leave."

"Fine." She knew there was no point arguing with the korean, Soojin was stubborn and clearly attached to the house, and would rather let it go down from the lack of maintenance than letting a stranger have it; The woman shrugged. "Fine, I'm leaving." She raised her hands again before walking away under the woman's watchful gaze.

"Next time read the warning outside." Soojin told her, referring to the 'Keep Out' warning outside, attached to the iron gate.

"I'm not giving up, Lee Soojin." The woman replied, and Soojin frowned at how bold this one was, especially with how Soojin had a gun pointed at her just a few seconds ago. "You're gonna give me this house sooner or later." It's what she said before stepping out through the gate and walking down the sidewalk as Soojin stood there by the garden before her grip on the gun tightens as she looked around; She always drove by the mansion at night, but few were the times she walked in- Mostly she stayed by the garden, watching and remembering.