23

TW: SUICIDE ATTEMPT.

Read with caution.

"Whatever I've done

I did it for love."

Hwiyoung's portrait was surrounded by white flowers. He smiled in his photo while wearing his favorite suit– Hwiyoung considered it his lucky suit as it was the same suit he wore to propose to Miyeon years ago, and it was now the same suit he died in as some type of twisted irony.

The people walked around the room and talked with each other while Miyeon stood in front of his portrait, holding Jiyoon in her arms. The little girl had her chubby hand inside her mouth as she looked around at all those unfamiliar faces, not aware of what had happened.

Nicha was socializing with some people, while Soojin stood in silence behind her as if watching over them.

It's been a few years since the last time she felt the pain of grief, when she stood in front of Shuhua's coffin years ago she thought that would be the biggest pain in her life, but there she was again. Mourning once again, but this time with a child of her own, for her to raise despite the pain.

"... And you can always get married again," Miyeon snapped out of her thoughts and looked to the side, and quickly spotted her father, he wore a gray suit and his hair was pushed back.

"What?" She then asked, hoping she had misheard what he said.

"Don't waste your time grieving, you can find another man and get married again." He repeated, more confident than before, and Miyeon could only stare at him before she felt Soojin come closer. "Hopefully a good man this time–"

"Hwiyoung was a good man." It was Soojin who said, placing a hand on Miyeon's shoulder. "A good husband and especially a good father, clearly something you can't relate with–"

Minjun turned red from anger before he pointed at Soojin.

"You b–"

"Please be mindful of where we are." They heard Nicha say as she approached them, Minjun glared at Soojin who did the same before the man turned his back on them and walked away from the women. Nicha then looked at Soojin. "Please don't start a fight in here,"

"If he starts anything, it will be my pleasure to arrest him," Soojin replied before placing her hands on her waist and looking at Hwiyoung's picture. "I couldn't let him bad mouth Hwiyoung like that and–" She stopped once she spotted a new face and Nicha looked back as well once she noticed Soojin's sudden silence.

Hwiyoung's father had approached them.

"Jangmi Ahjussi," Nicha bowed, followed by Soojin; Miyeon kept looking at the picture of her husband before noticing her father-in-law's presence next to them.

"Miyeon-ah..." The man started, his eyes red and puffy from crying, he looked at her before looking at Jiyoon who lit up as she recognized her grandpa. "Can I hold jiyoon?" He asked, voice trembling as he looked at the little girl, the only thing left of his son.

Miyeon seemed to process the question, before looking at him and then looking around before pressing Jiyoon harder against herself.

"Why?" She then looked around again, why are so many people staring at them? What are they planning? "Why do you want her?" She asked before giving a step back.