three

harry smiles widely when she sees her best friend. she waves to him before he heads her way.

"what did you order?"

"two daiquiris." harry states as she takes a sip of her own. niall nods as he grabs his glass.

"is this gonna be the last time we get drunk over that asshole?" niall asked as he takes a sip of his drink.

harry sighs before nodding. "i hope so. i can't go through that again with him. i need to find someone better."

"what about the mystery guy with my old phone number?"

"first, i don't even know if he's a guys. and next, he's a complete stranger."

"i was kidding harry. but you still should find a rebound. just someone to fuck the greg out of your system."

harry just shrugs. right now she didn't wanna think about sex. she just wanted to get drunk off her ass with her best friend before stumbling to her apartment.

harry and niall continue ordering drinks and talking. niall soon thought she had enough though after she started to slur her words. he helps her walk before leaving the bar and walking across the street to her apartment building.

niall laughs at his best friend as she starts dancing to the elevator music.

"this is my jam, niall. dance with me."

niall just shakes his head before they made it to her floor and he grabs her keys to unlock the door.

"you need a bath."

"i need greg. im gonna call him."

"no! you're gonna go to sleep harry. do not call greg while you're drunk off your ass and embarrass yourself. just get some sleep, okay? call me tomorrow morning okay? im going home."

harry puts her thumb up as niall nods before heading out.

she makes sure he's gone before calling greg.

"hello?"

"greg. i miss you."

"harry, are you drunk?"

"mhm. you sound funny though gregie. please come over. we should talk." harry slurs her words.

"love, i need you to go into your kitchen. you think you can manage that?"

"mhm. ill try." harry gets out of her bed before stumbling into the kitchen.

"okay, now grab a glass."

harry opens her cabinet and grabs a glass.

"m'kay."

"now pour yourself a cup of water, yeah?"

harry grabs a bottle of water out of the fridge before pouring it in the glass and drinking it.

"do you feel a little bit better, love?"

"mhm. thanks greg. you're always looking out for me."

"okay, love. go to bed and sober up. text me tomorrow once you realized who you called. sleep tight harry."

"night greg." harry ends the call before heading to her bedroom and falling asleep.
**********
harry
i am so fucking sorry, z!

harry
god, im such a mess.

harry
i promise im not normally like that. im just-i got a bit carried away last night with my friend and things went left. please forgive me?

z
it's okay, luv. i get it. you got a bit drunk and thought you texted the ex. though, i hope i don't sound like him. don't wanna sound like an asshole. :)

harry
not at all. are you from england? you had a thick accent.

z
yeah. i am. im assuming you are as well?

harry
yeah. moved to america when my mom remarried. you?

z
adopted at twelve.

harry
oh, yeah?

z
yeah. im assuming gregs american?

harry
yes. my best friend niall, he's irish, says i need to date an england man next.

z
maybe you should. we english men are quite charming. ;)

harry
maybe.

harry
i forgot to thank you for helping me out last night. it was nice of you. you didn't have to do that.

z
it's no big deal. i was up late anyway.

harry
yeah? getting drunk with friends too? 😜

z
naw, nothing like that. working a bit late.

harry
oh, yeah? what do you do?

z
jobs kinda different from others.

harry
mysterious. i like it.

harry
i should get going though. my step brother is blowing up my phone. said he's gonna call the cops if i don't answer. ill talk to you later, z

z
okay, luv. don't get too crazy drunk next time, yeah? ;)

harry
ill try. no promises though 😬
Read.