fifteen

nialler
wanna hang out. i called out of work today.

harry
that's not like you. what's going on?

nialler
nothing. just need a mental break after that test yesterday.

harry
sure. ill hang out. im bored at home anyway.

nialler
cool! see you soon!!

harry
see you soon!
Read.
*************
harry knew better than to think niall took off just because of school. he was never one to let school get him stressed to call out of work.

harry spots her best friend with a glass in his hand and sits beside him as he grabs his hand.

"what's going on nialler?"

"i told you-"

"yeah, i know what you said. but we've been friends long enough to for me to know when you're lying. even over text."

niall sighs as he shakes his head before downing his drink. "yeah. okay. i hooked up with this guy last night. a guy i work with."

"okay."

"i-i kinda been crushing on him for a while but he hasn't given me attention until recently."

harry nods.

"i finally got it and at first i didn't wanna, you know. but i quickly changed my mind. but i didn't want this to be just a hook up and now im afraid that it's all it is."

"have you tried texting him?"

niall shakes his head. "im scared to. i just-today we're suppose to be working together and i don't want it to be awkward."

harry sighs. "you never know until you text him nialler. he might be thinking the same thing and now that you called out of work he's all worried and shit."

"fuck! i didn't think of that."

harry orders herself a drink. the two get to talking for hours. she soon hears her phone vibrate and picks it up. she rolls her eyes at the contact name before setting her phone down.

"who's that?"

"just my dad."

"what the hell does he want?"

harry just shrugs. "have no idea actually. he's been calling a while but ive been ignoring. don't need the negativity in my life."

"i feel you. does your mom know he's calling."

"mom has enough on her plate to worry about some asshole who left her."

niall hums.

"other than your dick head dad, what's been going on with you? we haven't chat in ages."

"it's been two weeks. calm down."

niall rolls his eyes.

"i mostly been home. doing school work and texting z."

"you're still talking to that guy?"

"yeah. he's pretty cool, nialler. he tells me things about himself. we've already got a good friendship going on."

"yet he still won't tell you his name."

"i told you it's because of his job."

"that worries me more, h. we don't know who this guy could be. he could be a professional killer or some shit."

"i think you're being overdramatic niall."

"harry-"

"i know you're just trying to protect me, and i love you for it, but i got this. if i get any serial killer vibes from him, ill block his number and never contact him again. i promise. now can we continue to drink?"

niall sighs. "fine!"
**************
z
hi, luv,

harry
hi, z! how are you?

z
a bit exhausted from work.

harry
yeah? sounds a bit tough.

z
thanks for the sympathy.

harry
you're very welcome 😊

z
what about you? how are you?

harry
just came from the bar. had a few drinks.

z
a few, huh?

harry
just three. my friend had a rough day.

z
well it's good you were there for them.

harry
im a good friend like that, z!

z
and a tad bit full of yourself.

harry
can't help im fucking awesome.

z
you think you're awesome, huh?

harry
very much so.

z
okay, luv. whatever you have to tell yourself.

harry
you know it's true. otherwise you wouldn't continue to text me.

z
maybe im just bored with no friends.

harry
mhm.

z
why am i friends with you?

harry
ha! you admitted we're friends.

z
of course we are, h.

harry
how sweet!!

harry
now it's time for you to tell me what you do for a living.

z
im an uncover cop. investigating you right now. you texting my number wasn't an accident.

harry
how dare you!

z
sorry, babes. now i gotta arrest you.

harry
sounds kinda hot. lock me up!! 👅

z
you ruined it.
Read.