Chapter two

Anita Stone

"Morning Joy."
I said gently pushing the black cat's butt out of my face.
'Meow
She tries to nuzzle back on my chest but I can't miss a moment of my schedule or Everything will fall apart.

I rush to the bathroom and begin my morning routine.

First- face and then shower
Body Moisturizer, skin care.
Clothes, hair, makeup- crying and screaming break.

Feed the cats, give Jupiter his medicine... even if he scratches.

Get to the train in time... meet up with Hanna, hope I have enough time for Starbucks.

-
"Heyyy" I hear Hanna call out to me, I wave running towards her and the two coffees she was holding.

"A Carmel disaster for my love." She calls out.
"There's no one who loves you more than I do." I said running towards her and wrapping my arms around her waist.

Hanna is my favorite person on this earth. We went to middle and high school together and were often in the same classes but we never actually spoke to each other.

Then we both moved out of state and ended up in the same Art college. we were so happy to see someone we recognized that we were just glued to each other's side.

"Thanks for the coffee, I thought I was going to go to Art history Uncaffeinated." I said patting her butt.
"Ughhhh art history in the morning. Who did that to you?"
"I did remember? I barely had time to do all those projects and you know what."

"About the 'you know what' Fiona said she needs a sheet for a party. She said extra strong, she's trying to float."

"I'm about to send out my last batch. I made enough to post bail for Aaron. Besides I don't wanna be known as the hook up anymore. I'm like one Of the only black people here and I'm peddling drugs. I'm doing really bad PR."

"In your defense, if it wasn't for smileys. overdoses would've gotten half of our student body."
"Oh my god, thank you. I was literally just thinking the same thing. I deserve a medal."

"A chocolate medal."
"The best kind." I say with a wide smile.

A smiley is just a slightly manipulated ecstasy. It gives you 4 hours of the greatest joy. The come down was gentle and calming and the best thing about it is that it flushes out of you in like 48 hours.

It's pure and as safe as any drug can be.
And for most people non-addictive.

This is not to say that it's not bad, Illegal drugs are illegal for a reason but last year, People were cutting cocaine in every party that I went to and ecstasy, when used safely and in its purest state is much more fun than coke.

"Aaron is gonna be out of jail, how does that make you feel?" Hanna asked and I stopped the smiley
Infomercial going on in my head.
"I'm thankful to him but I'm also like unbelievably pissed. I just think about that night and I can't help but blame him you know. Like the dude that touched me was awful and I'm glad he's hospitalized but like he was supposed to be with me. I don't know it might be irrational to blame him but yeah, I'm just not gonna be stressed about him now that he's out."

Hanna wrapped her arm around me and her green highlights hit me in the face.

I ate lunch with some friends in the mall food court, answering questions on my Instagram about commissions.

I squeal and practically jump in place when I see that an order has been placed for a really big painting.

"Someone ordered an original, 36x48" I said shoving the phone in my friend Tina's face. She gasps, happy for me as we go over the details.