Chapter eight

Anita stone

After Thaddeus gives me the go ahead to make friends around the property and my phone back,
I felt much better.

Being able to call Hanna, hear her voice become excited and then quickly turn to tears.

I reassured her that I was alright with a FaceTime call.
I'm sure she knows now despite joy's butt being on camera the whole time.

The next morning while she prepared to go to work, I gave her a tour of the place.
Her mouth remained agape for most of it.

"You're living in my dark academia dreams right now." She whined, "minus the whole criminal mastermind holding you prisoner part of course." She corrected, I laughed and take her down stairs.

"Uh.. tata." she calls me, I turn the camera back to me as i answer "is he like cool? Like he doesn't hurt you does he? " I know what she means to say without her ever having to say it.

My stomach curled as the horrible memory of when I was hurt enters my brain.
I could feel my eyes welling up with tears.

"W-what? No, no he doesn't, he has only touched me once since I got here." I say truthfully, wrapping my own hand around my neck, I'm reminded of what happened last night between us.

The fear of having his hand around my throat had been completely over powered by the feeling of his warmth pressed against my back. I don't think we've ever been that close to each other.

there was a certain thrill about it that I haven't experienced since after the incident. his words and his heated gaze.

I felt my whole body heat up to imitate that look in his eyes.

I hated to think that he thought I was insecure, I wasn't, I looked good, I know that I did.

maybe not super model quality but at the very least an Instagram influencer.

being in clothes that resembled a second skin and shoes that I could barely walk in made me feel out of place in my own body.

He thought I looked 'incredible'

the words had made me swoon despite the fact that he broke into my home, then threatened my life if I didn't tell him who I was taking drugs from to sell and then he kidnapped me again and dropped my courses and was now keeping me here as a prisoner.

I can not in my right mind allow myself to swoon over a man who is actively holding me hostage.

I place my hand against my heated cheeks and gave myself a couple of gentle smacks.

so he's nice, barely... sometimes, when you're not chained up in his basement... or when he's not killing a man.

I shudder as I remember the loud bang and the slumped body of the man in the wheelchair. The blood on the wall, mixed in with brain matter had been inked into my brain in a hidden corner I couldn't access until now.

The image is so vivid that I feel the same fear I felt in that moment return.

that could've been me, that would've been me if he didn't need me for this.

my stomach tightened into knots and for a second I felt like I couldn't breathe, I was spiraling a little, a lot.

"you okay? you kind of got lost there for a second." hanna was talking with her mouthful of her everyday breakfast toast. I took a deep breath, temporarily calming down once I heard her voice.

"y-yeah, yeah I'm good."

I just had to remember who thaddeus was.

he wasn't this quiet charming man that my brain was  making the image of him up to be. He was a murderer. he tortured and killed that man without batting an eyelash. which probably meant that, that wasn't his first time.